can't make swf pano with large cube faces

• Hi,

I have a pano which I converted to 6 faces in the size of 16464X16464 px
    I can't seem to be able to make them into a single SWF in the same resolution.

I have tried using the multires and after all the tiles were created krpano crushed (when starting to make the SWF itself)

I have tried using the single res SWF and I can't get the cubefaces higher than 4000 px

I don't know if it's something wrong in my config or what, I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Shai

• Hi,

16464x16464 is much too large for single images!

Here a quick calculation - 6 images with 16464 x 16464px where every 1px needs at least 4 byte:
    6 x 16464 x 16464 x 4 = 6505519104 byte
    => 6204 MB
    => ~6 GB!

That means the Browser or the Flashplayer would need (at least!) 6 GB of free RAM just for the image alone!
    Additional - the Browsers or the Flashplayer are
    typically 32bit applications and can allocate only 2 GB at maximum.

That means for such large images multi-resolution need to be used!

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you for your response!

I thought so, but the multires keeps crushing when I try to make the SWF file. I didn't find the droplet and config for it and I made my own so maybe I have an error?
    What is the format of the config file that I should use?

I don't necessarily need the full resolution, 6000 px for a cubeface would be nice enough for what I need.

Shai

• Hi,

try creating the swf with the krpano Protect Tool, this way it might work, but technically it would be still wrong...
    The advantages from multires (dynamic and random-access loading and unloading) would be gone when embedding the tiles into the swf.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!