Panoramic video: playing a video streamed from elsewhere

• Hi there! I've looked through the forums and I don't think this has been addressed before, but I apologise if it has.

When creating 360 degree interactive panoramic videos, is it possible to host the video file on Brightcove and play it through the krpano player, or does the video file always have to be in the folder with the html, js etc files like we usually do?

The reason I ask is that my company uses Brightcove to host its normal video content, and it likes everything to go through Brightcove so that it can count the number of views, add advertising pre-roll etc. I tried adding the video's Brightcove URL to the "videourl=" code but it wouldn't play (but it didn't bring up an error message though).
    Perhaps there's a way to stream from Brightcove and play through the krpano player, or stream it from Brightcove without a player; or even to modify a player in Brightcove?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me on this!

• Hi,

basically any url path would be possible, but when loading content from other domains, the Flashplayer security restriction regarding crossdomain access need to be respected.

The Flashplayer will only load content from other domains, when there is a crossdomain.xml file on the other server that explicitly allows the access.

That means when the crossdomain access is allowed and you know the direct link to video file (!), playing should be possible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

basically any url path would be possible, but when loading content from other domains, the Flashplayer security restriction regarding crossdomain access need to be respected.

The Flashplayer will only load content from other domains, when there is a crossdomain.xml file on the other server that explicitly allows the access.

That means when the crossdomain access is allowed and you know the direct link to video file (!), playing should be possible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi!
    Is it now possible, with HTML5 available to stream video directly into the Krpano player? If so, what settings have to be changed or replaced?
    I refer to live streaming 360video.
    Thanks and regards!

Martin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!