upgrading to the 1.17(pre release2) version

• I want to be sure that I didn't make a mistake to upgrade correctly and maybe these questions may help other people also.
    I have put the following files in the 1.17pr2 folder:
    krpano.licence 1/8/2011 2kb
    krpanoiphone.js 6/5/2013 81kb
    krpanoiphone.license.js 2/20/2014 3kb
    krpanotools.license 1/8/2011 2kb

Opened the krpano Tools.exe and input the license code and message appeared : CODE ACCEPTED

After that, the four files mentioned above are still there. When you say that the HTML license and flash licenses have been combined into a single license, shouldn't any 2 of these license files have been combined into a single license file?

After the CODE ACCEPTED message, what changes have been applied to any of these files or any other file?

When you say that "The krpano HTML5 Viewer itself is the krpanoiphone.js file,
    and the license for it is the krpanoiphone.license.js file" do I need to upload the krpanoiphone.js to the online root folder in order for HTML5 to works?

When the final release is ready, can I use these already upgraded license files in the 1.17 folder to create my panos? or will they need to be processed again through the KRPANO TOOLS.exe?

Edited once, last by Islander (February 21, 2014 at 5:55 AM).

• Hi,

in version 1.17 there are no license files anymore at all.

That means no files need to copied into the krpano tools (if they still will be copied, they will be ignored) and there will be also no license files generated.

To get viewer files that will be registered, they need to be build by the krpano tools - either by simply using a droplet or manually via the command line with the protect tool.

Please note - that the viewer files itself will be ALWAYS THE SAME for ALL panos and tours - that means there is no pano/tour specific data inside them and they can be used for all panos and tours.

E.g. use once the MAKE VTOUR droplet with ANY image and then take/copy the 'tour.swf' (=the Flash viewer) and the 'tour.js' (the embedding script plus the HTML5 viewer) files from the 'vtour' folder and use them for your old or other panos and tours. The images or the xml files itself don't need to re-processed/re-generated of course.

Please see also the 1.17 release thread and the following postings there - there all 1.17 changes were listed and described:
    krpano 1.17 (Pre Release)

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!