Tour problem with mobile devices

• My tour ( http://wazi.com/virtual-tour/ ) is embedded in my wordpress site, using a plugin called Panopress. (http://www.panopress.org/). Currently it works fine on pc's and macs, but on mobile devices, I get this: "error:./plugins/scrollarea.js - loading failed! (404)" The tour and the full screen button still basically work, but my thumbnails don't and my scene hotspots don't adjust in size.

Please advise. Should I try to embed this in an iframe? If so, can someone give me a comprehensive embedding script that would would work for me cross platform?

I'm working with a company who hosts a tour here: http://tours.829llc.com/cody/ and theirs works perfectly on mobile devices. They suggested I use an iframe, but I'm not a coder so I'm not sure how to do that. I managed to get the tour working the way I wanted, but I can't seem to find out how to make it work on mobile devices. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Gregg

• No it is not working on PC as well. If you slide thumbs left they fly to eternity...
    Your problem could be in use of old plugins from version 1.16.8 and viewer is 1.17 pr2. Not sure but could be the reason. Replace your plugin folder with one from 1.17pr2 and try.

• The thumbnails is a separate issue. I used scenes to do my hotspot images (the non-panoramic images). As a result, it put up a scene thumbnail for each. I just deleted them, because I couldn't find a simple script to remove them while keeping the ones from the actual panoramic scenes.

• No it is not working on PC as well. If you slide thumbs left they fly to eternity...
    Your problem could be in use of old plugins from version 1.16.8 and viewer is 1.17 pr2. Not sure but could be the reason. Replace your plugin folder with one from 1.17pr2 and try.

Replaced plugins folder. Problem still exists.

• Can't tell more without having complete code here. See you have devices flash defined on scene. And only 10 are used in your tour. most probably your tour is HTML5.
    This could be the reason your thumbs scrolling bar is long so long but only some of them added there. code is counting how many scenes you have and there is plenty of them.
    Why you have those scene there if you don't use them?
    Regarding error loading have no clue.

• Rather than using textboxes with lpictures, I used the scenes with flat pictures so that they would be full screen and easy to link in the hotspots using the vtoureditor. I'm less concerned with that than I am with the "scrollarea.js loading failed" issue. That's the one I want to fix.

• Seems a simple change from .xml to .html in my Pano Press plugin solved most of my problems. Now the only thing left is to figure out why I can't load flat pano scenes (non-panoramic images I ran through the maketour droplet and used as scenes). I get a ERROR: loadscene() - scene "scene_xxxxx" not found. I have updated to 1.17 and still seem to have this problem.

• If you want this scenes to work also on non Flash than you have to remove device definitions in all your scenes devices="flash"

Code
    <scene name="scene_The_Blob" title="The Blob" onstart=""  lat="" lng="" heading="" devices="flash">

Also search on forum on how to not include some scenes when thumbs are created. I think there was some tutorial from Tuur and some other solution with adding new attribute and adapting add thumbs action to skipp those you don't need.
    That way your scroll area will be filled only with right thumbs and scrolling would be fine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!