Plugins and other features

• Im debating on purchasing krpano after being disappointed with other pano software. Im familiar with pano2vr pro. Its been a frustrating experience finding the right skin for all of my needs. Ive seen examples on this site that makes krpano very promising. I was curious how plugins are installed with krpano. Is it just a drag and drop into the "plugins" folder or do I need to copy .xml code and paste into the main index.xml file? id like to have features like interact floor plans, radars, and scrolling thumbnail strip for multiple panos within a tour. Ive seen that plugins like these are offered but wasn't sure if it was difficult like pano2vr to install. One must be very advanced with the skin editor to make tours look presentable with pano2vr. Thank you

• Hi!
    You need look examples with krpano package(download from krpano website) and see code in any example with plugin!
    I recommend to you use text editor Notepad++ or analog with syntax highlight!
    It is not difficult unless of course simple and standard features in other cases need to learn and read the forum or write to it *wink*

In short, the use cases and pasting the code a lot. You can put everything in one file, and you can insert a link to an external file, as in the example skin in krpano example and etc.:
    <include url="vtouskin.xml" /> - all interface settings are stored in a separate file, that is convenient for editing and use in future projects!
    To be separate action functions and plugins(layers, hotspots) are inserted inside scenes use keep=false, also used other methods(events newpano, actions if... and more)
    ...a lot of examples and features, but start with simple examples from krpano package by Klaus!
    *thumbup*
    good luck!

Panoreal — to make and see this wonderful world! *whistling*

• Thank you for the info. Where would I insert the code <include url="vtouskin.xml" /> to call the plugin? In the main tour.xml? Does it need to be somewhere specific or can I paste it anywhere in the main xml file? Sorry for the beginner questions, but there isn't any tutorials on website to show demonstrations.

• Imagine a tree ...
    If you insert an action (plugin) in its trunk, it will affect all the branches of the tree. If you use only the branches, it will only apply to them)
    All attached files in the main file, the result will be read as a single file, it is the main factor

Example:
    We load tour.xml in web html page of virtual tour:

OR we load core.xml with other external xml's in web html page of virtual tour:

Code
    <krpano version="1.16" title="" onstart="">
         <include url="skin/vtourskin.xml" />
         <include url="settings.xml" />
         <include url="tour.xml" />  
    </krpano>

Adhere to rules - code as in html will run and read from top to bottom. In general, all action(plugins, layers and etc) in included xml's run a globally for tour! Plugns, layers and hotspots put inside <scene></scene> will work inside the scene , but can call external actions...
    But again, you can control the all actions that they work under certain conditions, excluding them, using the conditions(if, ifnot) and events! It is a more advanced method.
    Write and distribute the code you need so that was handy edit it and read, as well as to use (include) it in other and future projects!
    Maybe the programmer would have explained to differently, but I am also far from this - without experience in programming, and told in simple words, as a regular user)
    I hope more skilled will correct me if I'm wrong! *tongue*

Panoreal — to make and see this wonderful world! *whistling*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!