• I have not updated to IOS7 on my iPad 3 as I heard of problems with bad loading.

However last week I bought an iPad Air and the damned thing has both problems with tiles not loading and also crashes much more than my iPad 3 with IOS6.

However it seems to work very different depending on maybe the Krpano version or some other differences.
    I just made a gallery using last version for a client and got constant missing tiles on all panos which loads immediately when you touch the pano.
    This has 1024 and 2048 cubefaces in 512 tiles

http://www.360-foto.dk/dnm-alle/

On the iPad 3 there is no problem.

The missing tiles I see on this tour http://www.360-foto.dk/danmark-og-zarernes-rusland is different. It´s using last version from december and it is also using the old file structure and has 4 levels from 512 to 4096.

Hans

• Hi,

these 'black tiles' are an iOS 7 browser bug, but I found already a workaround/solution for it (will be there soon in the next krpano release).

The browser crashes itself are also related to the buggy iOS 7, here real workarounds seem not to exist, but iOS 7.1 seems to improve that situation. I have currently iOS 7.1 beta installed on an iPad 3 and the browser crashes seems to be much less frequently there.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there are two different browsers bugs here:

1. The first bug is iOS 7 specific - iOS 7 has internally a new 'deferred image decoding' - there a loaded image will be not decoded instantly after loading but a bit later when there is more/better time for it (probably to improve responsiveness). That means the image decoding will be automatically and internally delayed by Safari.
      But here iOS 7.0 has a bug - in the time between the loading and the scheduled decoding - the image itself sometimes gets removed from the memory (probably when the available memory is low). When this happens and Safari finally starts to decode the image, a black tile will be produced.
    2. The second bug is an CSS 3D transforms clipping bug of Safari - when CSS 3D transformed images are aligned exactly on the 3D base axis (typically when looking at right-angled hlookat/vlookat coordinates like 0/0, 90/0, 180/0, ...) some browser internally 3D clipping calculations went wrong and let the browser think that image is not on the screen anymore - which leads to not-drawing the image.
      In this case either the preview pano or a lower resolution tile or the html page background (black) will be seen at the place where normally the tile image should have been. An slight move away from that coordinates and the browser will draw the tile again.

Regarding workarounds - A ' movement with just 1 degree pan' - would be not necessary as workaround, just use different initial hlookat/vlookat values that are slightly different than 0.0.

Both browser bugs should be fixed (by tricky internal workarounds) in the next krpano release .

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!