Onidle event layer VS. Instructions layer

• Hello folks, another question here...

The thing is that I have an instructions layer that appears at the beginning of the tour, people have to click on it to make it disappear, If they do not then it stays there. Currently it is conflicting with another layer that becomes visible after the idletime has run out. I've been trying to make it impossible for the latter layer to appear if the former hasn't been clicked on with no success.

I tried to make an attribute that would condition the appearing of the onidle time layer to that attribute being turned off by clicking on the instructions layer. I do not know why it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

• And if you want to remove the first layer you could use the following in the second layers onloaded delayedcall...

if(layer[name1] !== null,removelayer[name1];set(layer[name2].visible,true),set(layer[name2].visible,true));

the full code should look like this....

delayedcall(5,if(layer[name1] !== null,removelayer[name1];set(layer[name2].visible,true),set(layer[name2].visible,true)));

And if you want to let it disappear smoothly, you could combine it with an alpha-tween *wink*

BR
    Nupsi

• ¡Gracias!

I used the ifnot(layer[instructions].visible,then actions) action suggested by Sachagriffin, It turned out to be quite simpler than I had expected. Nupsi, I don't understand this, what does it mean for a layer not to be null, exist?

Sorry if it's such a dumb question.

if(layer[name1] !== null,then actions)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!