Move viewer location?

• Hello,

I've been using KrPano for a while now but on a very basic level, meaning that all I have been doing is dragging each of my panos onto the droplets to create the files needed and then uploading these to my website in separate folders per pano, however, I now want to update the viewer for each of my panos so I will have to re-create and upload all the files again so, is there a way to store the viewer only on its own in a separate folder on my webserver so I can update those files easily?

My panos are accessed via a link in a PDF (I have a map in the PDF) so would this cause any problems?

Many thanks in advance!

• You can have one krpano.swf and link in html to that krpano.swf and the xml, that you need. In html file you may have: embedpano({swf:"krpano.swf", xml:"dir1/dir2/your.xml"...... To link krpano.swf in top level directory, use ../ instead of /

• Thanks, however, I'm not sure that would work?

My current folder setup on my webserver is like this: (Red files are for the viewer I want to move?)

venues
    > country
    -> city
    --> building
    ----> roomA
    -------> roomA-tiles
    --------->"all the tiles"
    -------> skin
    ---------> buttons-2.png
    ---------> defaultskin.xml
    ---------> drag-cursors-2.png
    ---------> qvtr-cursors.png
    ----> roomA.html
    ----> roomA.js
    ----> roomA.swf
    ----> roomA.xml

>>>>> roomB
    >>>>> roomC
    >>>>> etc...

And I would like the all the files required for the viewer (show in Red above) to be in just one folder, maybe on the root of my domain, which I can then update easily. I know I will have to re-create/upload all of the panos again but that it is fine once I get this working. The links to the panos are from a PDF so they are not on a HTML page, so is this possible?

• If you place krpano.swf in venues so in roomA.html you may have ({swf:"../../../../krpano.swf", xml:"roomA.xml" for roomB.html ({swf:"../../../../krpano.swf", xml:"roomB.xml"

• Oh ok I get you, I will try that. Is there a way to stop the existing viewer files from being created for each pano as well? just to tidy those folders up?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!