Windows or non-Windows

• I am sorry that I may be asking 4 very basic questions here.

1) Windows or not, is that related to the client or related to the webserver?
    I know that when I click to Download link I can see different version for download: Mac, Windows, Linux.
    Is this for the client to prepare those images files?
    Or is this indeed for the webserver?

e.g. if my PC is a Windows based PC, while the webserver I am planning to host my website is a Linux website, then should I download the windows version, and then work on my Windows PC to prepare those .xml / .js / .html / .jpg files, and then after I upload them to the Linux based webserver, will the public be able to see the pano from the Internet?

2) is that simply UPLOADING files then it will work on the webserver? if the website folder structure on my Windows PC and the Linux Webserver remain the same, do I need to change anything between the .xml or .html files on PC Vs on webserver?

3) while preparing the files, do I need to care about the web host URL or domain names? Do I need to indicate the domain name anywhere in the license file or in the .xml / .js files?

4) do we require the webserver any web application ability (such as being able to run .asp or .jsp)? Will the krpano those .js / .xml file work on the "static webserver" which is supposed not "executing programs on server end"?

thanks
    Wolfgang

• Hi,

1) Windows or not, is that related to the client or related to the webserver?

That's only related to the krpano tools which are preparing the images. The resulting pano files (the viewer, plugins, images) are only static files and run completely on client side via HTML/Javascript and/or Flash and completely independent of the server.

2) is that simply UPLOADING files then it will work on the webserver?

Yes.

3) while preparing the files, do I need to care about the web host URL or domain names? Do I need to indicate the domain name anywhere in the license file or in the .xml / .js files?

No.
    But if you want you specific a custom domain limitation in the krpano Protect tool - then the pano will only work on the given domain.

4) do we require the webserver any web application ability

No.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!