• Sorry,

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but in much more detail than I understand. Can someone steal my online panos?

I have my panos on my own dedicated server. I use multires tools to create the folder that I then upload to the server.

So, can someone steal them for their own use? I don't see how, but maybe I'm not clever enough. If they can, how do I easily protect them. I have read about the new krprotect, but I am only interested in preventing the stealing of the entire pano. Is there an easier way? If someone wants my .xml that's ok. I just don't want to see my entire pano on another site, or offered for download, etc. If krprotect is the best way, then I will give it a try.

Thanks

• if somebody wants to steal, he always can do :)

I could see your xml if I want and then download all of your multires-images (because the path to the images is in the xml file) and upload it to my server.
    If you use kprotect I could download the .swf and upload the flash-file onto my server and show your pano there. But I think in kprotect is a function that the pano only works on one domain. So I would do this - think its the best protection.
    But everything what is made by humans can be hacked by humans :)

• Thanks Guys,

But if I am using some plugins (like sound), and buttons, etc. - then won't the thief have to download all those files as well, along with the krpano license? I am assuming the answer is yes.

So, is it correct to assume that although it could be stolen, it would not be your normal computer user that would be able to easily steal it simply by using a flash movie copier, or those softwares I see that can copy flash movies like appear on uTube.

If I use krprotect, can I still play the pano locally?

• It's always just a question of motivation and effort required. Why would someone want to steal your work ? If it's to claim that this is their work then that's a silly plan because they're not going to be able to reproduce the same quality if they do get a job. If it's just because it looks good, well there's not much to be done against that. But the situation is much worse for plain pictures and videos - they're far easier to steal.

• If I use krprotect, can I still play the pano locally?

Hi,

there is a an option in the tool to disable local/offline usage,
    just check the "[x] Disable Local / Offline Usage" checkbox,

when everything is embeded (and also domain limited), then the content is relativly safe!
    the swf, if it will be downloaded, can't be used locally or on a other domain/website,

and about image stealing - for a common user it will be very hard to extract the images from tge swf, a normal/typical flash decompiler or resource extractor will not be able to extract it!

and the next beta release will also support encryption (for embedded and external files),
    then it will be even more harder

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!