Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: krpano.com Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dienstag, 22. Juli 2014, 12:29

Will be following here to see if you guys have any progress
There will be no progress 'here' (from krpano side) on that crash topic itself - WebGL is completely broken in beta 4 and that's nothing were a workaround would makes sense now - that's not a krpano related problem, all WebGL pages will crash - just trying to detect if the device is supporting WebGL is already enough to crash Safari.

Everything else beside WebGL is still working fine - I have already done internal tests with removed/disabled the WebGL detection for checking this.

Btw - please don't forget this is an iOS beta version!
That WebGL crashing itself is a fundamental beta 4 bug and was already reported as several times to Apple now and I'm sure this will be fixed in the next beta.

To get a working device again, just restore to iOS 7.1 or iOS 8 beta 3.

Best regards,
Klaus

Dienstag, 22. Juli 2014, 14:57

Sure! I just meant from the angle of checking in on how people are getting on with web GL on it.

Adam

Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2014, 07:34

Hi,

strange but true - a reboot (turning off and on) of the device helps to get WebGL working again...

Source:
https://twitter.com/grorgwork/status/491724711911362563

But beside of this nothing has been changed between iOS 8 beta 3 and beta 4 regarding to pano vidoes:
- the video texture upload-to-the-gpu performance is still bad (especially on older devices)
- on the iPhone there is still the unwanted fullscreen video playback (bugreport)
- CORS is still not working for videos

Best regards,
Klaus

Montag, 4. August 2014, 21:52

iOS Beta 5 out this evening.

Seems to be better on webgl pages.

Error on CORS not fixed, hope in beta 6...

Donnerstag, 21. August 2014, 22:44

Klaus,

A question regarding Krpano/WebGL/360 Video and Android.

Did you made some tests with an Android device and Chrome browser + webgl enabled ?

Thanks

Regards

Dienstag, 26. August 2014, 20:55

Hi,

yes, Android Chrome works very fine, but only when using the older Android Chrome 35 version (could be installed manually) - the current Android Chrome 36, 37 version have a bug with the usage of videos as WebGL textures. But according to the Chrome bug discussions (here) that bug should be fixed in Android Chrome 38.

Best regards,
Klaus

Montag, 1. September 2014, 17:22

Thanks Klaus.

Regarding devices, did you have a list where 360 video using webgl is working fine as on an iPad Air ?

I am preparing a customer quotation, and i need to provide an Android devices alternatives list versus iPad, and it seems to be difficult to find answers on the web.

Thanks

Regards

Donnerstag, 4. September 2014, 05:33

Hopfully by September 9th these bugs are fixed...

Hello Again

So am been testing Pano video with gyro and still no progress with the demo 1.17.5 .

Do I move the gyro folder to the Videointerface Folder and reprogram the Video.xml
to read the the gyro plugin ?

Am testing it on Android and iPad 3

On Android Chrome i get this message
error/examples.videointerface/video.mp4 - loading video failed! *confused*

Donnerstag, 4. September 2014, 18:36

Hi,
did you have a list where 360 video using webgl is working fine as on an iPad Air
No and I don't think that such lists even exists - there are way too much different Android devices out there .
And regarding Android it would be additionally necessary to wait either for Android Chrome 38 or manually install Android Chrome 35 - the current Android Chrome 36 and 37 versions are buggy and can't be used for panoramic video.

So am been testing Pano video with gyro and still no progress with the demo 1.17.5 .
The gyro is HTML5-only, and the current videointerface example is Flash-only because there is no video panoramic video support for HTML5 yet - that will come with krpano 1.18 - please just see a few posts above.

Best regards,
Klaus

Freitag, 5. September 2014, 07:34

excited For 1.18 !!! Thank you Klaus

What is the timeline on 1.18's release ? Am super super excited and would the upgrade be free with a 1.17 already been purchase ?

Montag, 8. September 2014, 18:07

Hi,

Quoted from "globule22"
did you have a list where 360 video using webgl is working fine as on an iPad Air

No and I don't think that such lists even exists - there are way too much different Android devices out there .
And regarding Android it would be additionally necessary to wait either for Android Chrome 38 or manually install Android Chrome 35 - the current Android Chrome 36 and 37 versions are buggy and can't be used for panoramic video.
Google has released new Android Chrome versions where the CORS video problem is almost fixed - as long as the server is sending the CORS headers, it will work.

Regarding my first performance test with that Android Chrome version and several devices, it works quite well, also on older (but not too old) devices. On powerful devices like the Samsung S5, it works even way faster than the iPad Air - e.g. ~60fps vs. ~30fps, but maybe the final iOS 8 version will bring some improvements here.

What is the timeline on 1.18's release ?
Almost ready.

would the upgrade be free with a 1.17 already been purchase ?
Yes, here a quote from the buy page: ;-)

Zitat

The krpano license keys are valid for all 1.x.x versions (from 1.17 and up) and work on all supported platforms.
The maps plugin and branding free license keys are valid for all versions.

Best regards,
Klaus

Montag, 8. September 2014, 22:55

Thanks Klaus for this answers.

Here are the four Android tablets i listed where Webgl seems to be working fine (just tested firefox) :

- Galaxy Tab 3
- Galaxy Tab 4
- Galaxy Tab Pro
- Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Did you confirm this ones ? did you have other ones ?

I hope iOs 8 GM released tomorrow will fix the last webkit/webgl issues. I have read that there is a iOs 8.0.1 which will coming very soon also...

Zitat

Google has released new Android Chrome versions

Version 38 ? the beta one ?

Montag, 8. September 2014, 23:20

Did you confirm this ones ? did you have other ones ?
Here a list of my test devices (but not fully up to date):
http://krpano.com/docu/html5/#testdevices

Version 38 ? the beta one ?
Android Chrome and Android Chrome Beta, both currently with the main version number 37, but that doesn't mean that much.

Best regards,
Klaus

Dienstag, 9. September 2014, 22:52

Klaus,

iOs 8 GM just released today, any news about the last issues with 360 videos and webgl ?

Regards

Mittwoch, 10. September 2014, 22:37

Hi,
iOs 8 GM just released today, any news about the last issues with 360 videos and webgl ?
No changes compared to the latest iOS beta versions - no WebGL video performance improvement and no CORS fix. That means pano videos will be playable on iPads, but depending on the video-pixelsize and the power of the iPad device, probably not very smooth...

Today I would say, when looking for a mobile or tablet device for showing panoramic videos, better getter go for a powerful Android device and the Chrome browser, there super smooth 60fps hi-res pano videos are already possible and working great.

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 17. September 2014, 20:04

I see ios 8 is out.
I am installing as we speak.

Very curious what we can do that was not possible before.
I suppose we need krpano 1.18 for these things?

Tuur *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 18:12

Hi,

with iOS 8.0 and the WebGL support you can now use projections like little planet also on iOS devices and the rendering will be a bit faster and also a bit better (WebGL mipmapping).

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 20:12

Ah cool!!

But not 360 video right?

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 22:10

But not 360 video right?
With krpano version 1.18 panoramic video will be possible with iOS 8.

Samstag, 20. September 2014, 11:47

Klaus,

When you say version 1.18 is almost ready are we talking about days? weeks? months?

Keep up the excellent work.