Retina different rendering problems

• Till now I always coded my interfaces this way:
    I considered a retina screen as half its actual pixels, giving all interface positions the same number of pixels as it was let's say (ipad) a 1024x768 screen, but throwing in all png images as downscaled 0.5%. I mean, the button that should appear 40pixel on a 1024, needs to be a 80pixel png, so the retina will show it in all its definition. A 40pixel button will be upscaled.

Iphone 5 is behaving differently, images in there are like it was a 1136 x 640 actual screen. It was not doing this 3 months ago... ??!?!?! HELP.

Cannot publish the link right now without customer's approval...

• Hi,

that's not related to 'retina' or 'not retina' - that's the default stagescale on mobile devices.

Here an example about what stagescale is and what is does:
    https://krpano.com/examples/117/e…scale-test.html

If you don't care about older Android browsers you could simple add this line anywhere in the xml to have the same scaling as on desktop and tablets also on mobile devices:

Code
    <krpano stagescale="1.0" devices="mobile />

Btw - regarding to 'It was not doing this 3 months ago' - this behavior is there since the first krpano html5 viewer version and hasn't changed.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• ...!
    It is exactely what I needed!!
    And I never ever encountered stagescale... and it was there all the time!!!!
    *cry* *cry* *cry* *cry*
    3 months ago I was not testing things on iphone5...I thought all retinas would do the same (ipad behaves as it should).
    I'm understanding this device.pixelratio right now. I will do a lot of experiments in order to make it clear to me.
    THANK YOU Klaus. You saved me once again. *g* *g* *g*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!