You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 3:33am

redirect the user when there is no html5 support (and no flash) instead of default error message?

Hello!

Sorry if it has been already answered, but I did my due diligence and could not find a solution for this.

So currently we're developing some tours that will use the html="only" embed setting. However, if let's say the user opens the material in an old browser, in which there's no support for the required technologies. In this case, we get the all familiar

ERROR:
HTML5 Browser with CSS 3D Transforms or WebGL support
required!

screen. So my question is, is there a way to catch this situation, and display another message, or even better redirect the user to a different html page?

Thanks!

Monday, July 21st 2014, 8:03am

Hi,

yes, the onerror callback of the embedding function can be used for that:
http://krpano.com/docu/html/#onerror

e.g.

Source code

function embeddingError(msg)
{
     window.location.href = "errorpage.html";
}

embedpano({..., onerror:embeddingError});

Best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 2:48pm

Uhh, somehow I missed your answer earlier, just found it after several months. Still, thank you very much, Klaus!