Oculus DK2 + how to assign zoom

• Hello,

Couple of questions, please:

Will the NPVR plugin work with the Oculus DK2?

Is there a way to assign the zoom function while using the Oculus DK2 for viewing a stereoscopic panorama (panorama will be around 600Mpixels each, plenty of zoom to play with)? I was wondering if it's possible to keep the mouse scroll active while using the Oculus..

Any feedback is much appreciated, thank you very much.

• Hi,

Will the NPVR plugin work with the Oculus DK2?

Sorry, no idea, I don't have my DK2 yet, but please note that this external NPVR plugin is only a temporarily solution. The WebVR browser interfaces are looking more promising.

Is there a way to assign the zoom function while using the Oculus DK2 for viewing a stereoscopic panorama (panorama will be around 600Mpixels each, plenty of zoom to play with)? I was wondering if it's possible to keep the mouse scroll active while using the Oculus..

Yes, basically why not - the disabled mouse-wheel and zoom are just xml settings, but I'm not sure if that would look and feel good (without simulating a kind of virtual binoculars).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello and many thanks for the reply.

As at this moment krpano is not working with WebVR, I was wondering if any Oculus DK2 owner is not able to temporarily adapt the NPVR plugin for the DK2. My scripting knowledge is close to none and I'm desperate to make it work until the end of this month for my stereoscopic panorama. Any help, any idea would greatly appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!