Steps for Virtual Tour

• Hello, my name is Ryan, and I represent the USNA. I'm beginning to make a virtual tour and we've decided on KRpano (assuming some security details). I have some questions about how this is going to go down.

I have two panoramic images (360x180) that I found online. I put them in the VTOUR Normal Droplet and made a mini tour out of those two images (a hotspot linking them) and they were extremely blurry. What resolution should I have the pictures to assure top quality?

We plan on buying the licenses which remove the KRpano watermarks and makes it legal for us, etc. Will buying it remove the bluriness? Or will better images?

To make the tour, will I just drop the images into the droplet, and then use the tour_editor.html file to make it exactly how I want? If I'm missing something, please let me know. I want to be prepared for production assuming I get the go-ahead.

• I don't think this is related to licencing but the input image quality. Can you make trial with higher resolution/quality images as input.
    There are settings which are defining quality for output to be used in droplets settings but I think default values are suitable and providing very good balance between quality and tour size. I propose you to make several size versions (assuming you have sphere images in high resolution) I usualy use 6000*3000 but in some cases even 10k * 5k images.

• Thank you. I suspected it was poor image quality. I tried with bigger images and putting them in the VTOUR Droplet, and I got a warning saying that they weren't 360x180 size images. Should I ignore that warning? I originally tested with 360x180 and it removed the warning but I got terrible quality.

I'm meeting with photographers in the coming week hopefully and I'll see what quality they get.

So I should ignore the warning VTOUR droplet gives when I give a size besides 360x180? Should these large images be MULTI-RES or just "NORMAL"? Not sure which I should be choosing.

Edit-Tried with a 9000x2000 image (roughly) and the quality was better. Couldn't do y-axis scrolling though. I assume it didn't have the top/bottom images there...

• Ah, so that's why 360x180 didn't throw the exception but others did.

Should my images all strive to be EXACTLY 2:1 ratio, or a higher ratio of 2.3:1 won't change anything?

Should I even bother with the warnings? When I do get access to the images, they will all be shot with the same camera, which means same size. If warnings do get thrown with these pictures, should I ignore all?

At what resolution would you start using the MULTI RES droplet instead of the NORMAL?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!