You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 1:15pm

Tour functions locally but not online.

I have a test tour based on "scenes with imagemap 2" from the KRPano bundle, but with my own map, panos and hotspot images and with all of the viewer/embedding files included. This tour functions perfectly locally, but when I upload it to my webspace I get a blank black page on access, there are no error messages, the KRPano demo watermark does not appear ( I am using the demo version of KRPano ).

In case there was a path error somehwere in the xml I have copied the tour folder to two separate PCs (neither of which have KRPano installed) and it functions perfectly on both locally.

This is my first attempt at uploading a KRpano tour ( although I have hundreds of Pureview and PTViewer tours in my webspace ), so I'm proabably making some simple mistake here.

I'm nearly there guys, any help will be gratefully received.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 1:27pm

Can you post a link?
Tuur *thumbsup*

Umalo

Professional

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 1:33pm

would be easier for us to analyze if you could share at lest online url of your html file... Usualy those issues are related to dynamic URLs to your sources

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 2:39pm

Thanks for the quick reponses.

The url - http://www.megalithics.com/trevor/test.htm

This is basically identical to the page from the bundled example, all I have changed is xml filename and the viewer/embedding paths.

spacerywirtualne

Professional

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 2:46pm

I have :

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://www.megalithics.com/trevor/viewer/embedpano.js"
Your own online, cloud tool for creating virtual tours - www.cms4vr.com

facebook page :: youtube

cms4vr team *thumbsup*

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 3:48pm

I've checked and embedpano.js is definitely there, along with all of the KRPano files and the plugins folder.

Just to be certain, I've deleted it and re-uploaded a new copy.

This has not cured the problem. I actually deleted and reuploaded the entire tour folder three times yesterday, in case of copying errors, same result every time.

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 4:25pm

Check the path to "embedpano.js". It seems to me that it is incorrect.

Source code

./krpano.com - scenes with imagemap example 2_files/embedpano.js

try the same path which is indicated to your .swf file:

Source code

./viewer/
embedpano.js

I now look into the standard "Scenes with image map ecample" and it has identical paths to .swf and .js files:

Source code

../../../viewer/embedpano.js
and

Source code

../../../viewer/krpano.swf

The behaviour (black screen and no loading) looks like the .js can't be loaded (and in Chrome log I see that "embedpano.js" "404 Not Found").
Regards,

Alexey

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 5:41pm

Source code

./krpano.com - scenes with imagemap example 2_files/embedpano.js

Does NOT appear in my test.htm. Perhaps you are looking at the page title?

My path is

Source code

./viewer/embedpano.js

which is similar to the SWF path

Source code

./viewer/krpano.swf

The folder "viewer" which contains both of these files is on the same level as "test.htm" so those paths should be OK.

In any event, this setup works perfectly locally, it only fails when it is uploaded.

If anyone would like to look at the xml the url is
www.megalithics.com/trevor/test.xml

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zavulon" (Oct 9th 2014, 6:13pm)

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 7:28pm

Sorry, but I opened your htm page from online (from your link). And saw this path there. Open it, save and re-check the path.
Regards,

Alexey

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 7:33pm

Hmmm... very strange. If I download your htm page from chrome, I get one path (

Source code

<script src="./krpano.com - scenes with imagemap example 2_files/embedpano.js"></script>
)

However, if I download it from Opera, I have another file with correct paths (as you say they are).

Very strange, indeed....
Regards,

Alexey

Umalo

Professional

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 9:13pm

Clear path issue. Try with something like this: <script src="../viewer/embedpano.js"></script>

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 9:22pm

<script src="../viewer/embedpano.js"></script>

Would the ../ not imply that the viewer folder is is a level above the .htm file?

WTH, I'll give it a try!

Umalo

Professional

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 9:41pm

Yes it would. I was refering to your html code where you use ./ instead of ../ (I assume you wanted to go one level up)

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 10:09pm

"I was refering to your html code where you use ./ instead of ../ (I assume you wanted to go one level up) "

No, the viewer folder is in the same directory as the test.htm file, hence ./viewer/ and not ../viewer/

I notice when I view the page source in Firefox after the load failure I see this-

<script src="./viewer/embedpano.js"></script> but the ./viewer/embedpano.js is underlined, indicating an error perhaps?

Is this the correct usage? I've only ever seen <script> blurb blurb </script> and not <script blurb blurb ></script>

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 10:31pm

I've just checked the page source for the KRPANO online example of the "scenes with imagemap 2" tour that I based mine on, and the ../viewer/embedpano.js section is underlined in this too. As the online KRPano tour works, this underlining must be co-incidental.

Must be something else.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 9:52pm

Solved

I finally gave in and recreated the entire tour again from scratch and this time it works!
The paths etc. look identical, so it must have been some hidden little syntax error somewhere in the first code.

Thanks again to all the bods that tried to help me.