Panoramic video on IE11 and other PC browsers

• Hello all,

I've created a 360 degree video but I'm experiencing issues with getting it to perform consistently on different internet browsers. It is particularly bad on my PC internet browsers: IE11, chrome and firefox; but on my Mac, Safari, firefox and chrome seem to work fine. My client has more than verified the issues on his PC.

The issue that I'm experiencing is that video moves incredibly slow/choppy, the audio continues at a normal pace, and the controlling the view with the mouse is very slow to respond.

I've tested Klaus' 360 video examples on the offending browsers on my end, and they work significantly better, not perfect but better than my video. And these are on the 1.17.5 build of krpano. So it has to be something in my xml file right? Can I rule out video encoding as being a potential cause of the problem? I've also played around with the video plugins buffertime and that didn't make any difference in performance.

Here is a link to my video: http://maclaren.wpengine.com/wp-content/vto…/community.html ...and I'll include my xml file for source code.

Any clues or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Hi,

it's the resolution of the video - 4096x2048px - that's are a lot of pixels to process and transfer for the CPU.

Try using lower resolutions like 1920x960 or 2048x1024.
    The video itself is 'pixelated', so there should be not much quality loss with a reduced size.

Btw - with the next 1.18 version with HTML5 support, such high resolution videos should perform better (but that would also depend on the system and GPU).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!