You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 6:12pm

"Hiding" Krpano div, or "Destroy" Krpano object, or simply unload the scene?

Hello,

I wish to temporarily "hide" Krpano on my web page, so I can display another div which is memory-intensive. Once I am done with 'My' div, I destroy my div. I then unhide Krpano.

1. I initialize and display Krpano on my page via embedpano().
2. After a while, I "hide" Krpano, either with CSS - opacity 0, or disaply:none.
3. Then I show my memory-intensive div.
4. Then I destroy my memory intensive div.
5. Then I "Unhide" Krpano.

When I 'hide' Krpano, it would be nice to 'destroy' it as well. (Clear all images out of memory.)

Is there a way to 'destroy' a Krpano 'object''?

Alternately, is there a way to keep the Krpano object 'alive', and simply unload the current scene?

Note: It may be best to actually 'destroy' the Krpano object. This is because I have 'html5' set to 'auto' in my krpnao object. On desktops with Flash, setting the krpano div to display:none actually destroys the Flash object. This means that I have to call embedpano() again to display krpano again. Since I want Flash AND webGl/CSS used on various devices, it would be nice to have a solution that worked no matter which rendering technology is used.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 6:36pm

Hi,

there exists already an API for that - please see the included examples and also the documentation ;-)

First - here the example:
http://krpano.com/examples/117/examples/…move-panos.html

and here the documentation:
http://krpano.com/docu/html/#removing

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 8:05pm

THANK KLAUS!!! :)

This is exactly what I need!

I apologize for not finding the example or the method. I searched for 'unload scene' and 'destroy krpano'. I shall look in the examples in the future. :)