Hotspots vanish when zooming in if placed near nadir

• I have just started investigating migrating my krpano flash vtours to the HTML5 supporting krpano viewer 1.17. I discovered that polygon hotspots are not yet supported, so I added some image hotspots to replace these. I have found that in the viewer the hotspot image vanishes if I zoom in beyond a certain level, and the point this happens depends on how close to the nadir of my scene the hotspot is placed.

My hotspot is defined as follows:

<hotspot name="hsDown" devices="all"
    url="skin/uparrow2.png"
    ath="210.22" atv="86.43"
    zoom="false" distorted="true"
    width="70" height="48"
    scale="0.3" scale9grid="" scalechildren="false" rotate="0"
    rx="0" ry="0" rz="-180"
    edge="center" ox="" oy=""
    visible="true" enabled="true" usecontentsize="false" handcursor="true" capture="true" children="true" maskchildren="false"
    zorder="0"
    alpha="1.00" autoalpha="false" blendmode="normal" effect="" smoothing="true" pixelhittest="false"
    onhover="showtext(Descend into the depths,HotSpotText)"
    onclick="looktohotspot(hsDown,,smooth(100,100,100)); loadpano(LosHoyosPitchBase.xml)"
    />

This hotspot disappears as I try to zoom in towards it. I have to move it up the scene (atv="66.43") to prevent it disappearing. Has anyone else found this and is there a fix? I am seeing this in the Chrome browser on both a Windows Desktop and on my Android tablet.

• Can you show us online version of your case?
    Also take note that your showtext will not work on HTML5 as this is only Flash command:
    https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#showtext

Edit: At this moment when 1.8 is relased and showtext is available for HTML5, my statemet above is not valid anymore. Or let's say if you are using version <1.8 than showtext it will not work on HTML5 ;)

Edited once, last by Umalo (October 18, 2014 at 5:31 PM).

• Apologies for the delay in replying. I was distracted by the new release 1-18 and only just checked back on the forum.

Here is a link to an online example using viewer v1.17.5 with the problem hotspot (arrow down in the pit):
    http://wscc.darkgem.com/footleg/pano/LosHoyosTourHTML5.html

I have also added a version which uses v1.18 where I am happy to report the issue does not occur. With v18 my polygon hotspots work too (but do not appear visible when you hover over them).
    http://wscc.darkgem.com/footleg/pano/L…urHTML5v18.html

You cannot get to the more complex panos in HTML5 as the xml for them generates a parse error (I am guessing because I am using features no yet supported in the HTML5 viewer). The original flash only tour link is:

http://wscc.darkgem.com/footleg/pano/LosHoyosTour.html

• I should mention I am testing in Chrome (Desktop browser v37), and on Android using Chrome (latest).

Another issue (seen in viewer 1-18-0) is the onclick declaration in my hotspots:
    onclick="looktohotspot(hsDown,,smooth(100,100,100)); loadpano(LosHoyosPitchBase.xml)"

For bitmap hotspots the looktohotspot declaration works fine, but for polygon hotspots it looks to somewhere else in the pano when you click on the hotspot (in HTML5). You can see this in the online example I provided the links to.

• You cannot get to the more complex panos in HTML5 as the xml for them generates a parse error (I am guessing because I am using features no yet supported in the HTML5 viewer).

XML parser error are always only xml syntax error and not related to the functionality.
    Try fixing the syntax errors and the xml can be used in html5 too.

Here more information about the xml rules:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/syntaxrules/#top

For bitmap hotspots the looktohotspot declaration works fine, but for polygon hotspots it looks to somewhere else in the pano

Right, looktohotspot support for polygon hotspot is missing - currently the looktohotspot action is always taking ath/atv setting directly from the hotspot itself for the target. As workaround you could add ath/atv values to the hotspot, then it should work.
    Support for looktohotspot+polygon hotspot will be added in the next release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• It appears that vtours generated with the vtour dropplet result in the same XML parse error problem in the HTML5 viewer. But these work in the flash viewer. I am looking at the newer examples to see how some of the tour features are coded there as these look really nice in the HTML5 viewer.

• Having investigated the XML parse errors I was seeing for my old scene files, I have found that it is the onclick functions in my hotspot declarations which cause the HTML5 viewer to display 'XML Parse Error', while the flash viewer copes fine.

In a hotspot declaration, this syntax causes the error to display:
    onclick="loadscene(scene_Chamber2, view.hlookat=78.6&view.vlookat=6.8&view.fov=9.5 )"

But if I remove the additional parameters for the scene, and just use this then the HTML5 viewer is happy:
    onclick="loadscene(scene_Chamber2)"

• Thank you. I had not thought about escaping special characters in the strings as my old pano files were working fine with the flash viewer. I have got things working fine in HTML 5 now. Just learning how to get other features worked as I want them and reading the documentation to discover better ways to present my panoramas now. Release 1.18 is a really great step forwards for viewing panoramas on mobile devices.

Footleg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!