HTML5 image vulnerability?

• As I understand it, the image files for the HTML5 viewer cannot be encrypted, so there is any way to prevent the source images from being downloaded directly?

If not, is there any purpose in using encrypted images for Flash when they can easily be obtained via the HTML5 route?

I have had images stolen in the past and would like to avoid the unpleasantness associated with this.

• I used to use Pureview and this did encrypt the images, if you downloaded the actual images files they were encrypted and useless. The only way to to steal these would be to screen capture sections online and stitch these, which is too much work for the average pirate. The files would only display correctly with the correct viewer and domain origin.

This is the kind of security I was looking for.

• One of the main reasons that I'm thinking of moving to KRPano for my panos is the HTML5 option to give access for mobile devices as I'm seeing a big increase in traffic to my site from this sector. So far, the lack of HTML5 encryption is the only shortfall I've found with KRPano, so it looks like I will just have to run the risk of image theft again.

• Hi,

there is always a way to download the files - otherwise it wouldn't be possible to view them *wink*

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus,
    It's a bit strange that Krpano Viewer is NOT working on a local server.

I do use krpano on the same domain with my webservice.
    As like Zavulon, I tried out some solutions like changing httpd.conf access permission setting and changing .htaccess file one.

However, even if I successfully prevent from direct accessing by browsers but properly response to the local server.
    Krpano Viewer doesn't show many tiles.

I think because Krpano html5 viewer is working like a web app, not a part of local host server.
    Is my guess is correct?
    This post is on 2014. Now is 2016.
    Isn't there any solution on panorama tile security issue on html5?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!