Gyro plugin in krpano 1.18 on Android

• Hi!
    I tried gyro plugin on https://krpano.com/examples/118/e…/gyro/gyro.html with my android-smartphone Vowney V5 (Android v4.2.1) in Opera and Chrome browser.
    I could see icon of gyro, clicked on it and.. it works very strange. Only on vertical axe and just down. Can't rise up camera. On the horiz axe it's don't move at all.
    Tried on another android Lenovo A750 with older version of Android - same issue.

But I sent test-url to my father, he has Lenovo P780 with same Android version 4.2.1 and he told me that all works fine! He can easily rotate camera with gyro for 360°
    So.. what the problem? Browsers and android version are the same. Tour is same too - own krpano example. But some works fine, some are not.
    Is it possible to fix?

• Hi,

sorry, but then probably the device itself is the problem...

The gyroscrope data in Android Chrome (Android Opera is the same) is generally broken, so krpano is already using the gravity-acceleration data instead to simulate the gyroscrope (since version 1.18), but when the browser/device itself is delivering here also corrupt/bad information, then there is nothing that krpano could do.

But I have to say on all my Android test devices the new gyroscrope support is working fine in Android Chrome.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!