Mobile images any use for it.

• Is there any use for generating the mobile images with the vtour Multiresolution.
    They are done by the default template but as far as I can see they are not used unless you make some special device settings for it.

Also is there still any advantage using 512 tiles instead of for example 900.
    I found out that with Safari on my old iMac the 900-1800-3600 option loads much faster than 512-1024-2048-4096

Even offline the 512 tiles take some time before they load in the corners in fullscreen 27"
    Chrome loads fine.

Hans

• I done some tests.
    Here is the 900 pixels tiles with max 3600 http://360-foto.dk/dnm3600/

And this is the 512 with max 4096 http://360-foto.dk/dnm4096/

The full tour of the museum will be 80 panos and I want it downloadable to iPad so I need to cut size down as much as possible.

Both runs fine on my iPad air.

Unfortunatelly I found a problem when testing my iPad 3 which is still on 6.1.3 for testing purpose.

If you pan at full zoom in it sometimes seems to miss loading the last level. Zooming out slightly and zooming in again loads it.
    This only happens with the 3600 version.

I have a 50 megabit connection so everything should load very fast.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von HansNyb (29. November 2014 um 14:26)

• Hi,

the <mobile> images will be used on older Android Webkit-based browsers that don't have WebGL support. These browsers aren't capable enough for multires-panos, so they will be use and show the mobile images instead.

Regarding 900 or 512px as tilesize - a power-of-2 size like 256, 512 or 1024 allows to use 'mip-mapping' in WebGL and this can reduce 'aliasing' effects. Additionally smaller tile sizes are more effective for the memory management.

If you pan at full zoom in it sometimes seems to miss loading the last level. Zooming out slightly and zooming in again loads it.
    This only happens with the 3600 version.

That's probably because hitting the memory limit (customizable via memory.maxmem) - when the tiles that would be required to render the current view would require more memory than available (even with unloading currently not required tiles), then the viewer will automatically switch to a lower resolution level. That should be better than a browser crash due too much memory usage ;-).

The default memory settings are very conservative (to avoid crashes even when there is a lot of other content), but if you want you can increase them of course - e.g. set a higher limit for iPads with iOS 8:

Code
    <memory maxmem="80" devices="ipad+ios8" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!