Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: krpano.com Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2015, 21:10

videoplayer posterurl support in Flash player

Hi,

My first post here and have to say, really like the player.

I'd like to request the Flash video player supports posterurl (http://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#posterurl) in the same way the html5 player does.

For our usecase, we're using the html5 as a fall back, with Flash being the primary player. The Posterurl is really useful to provide a custom image that can be changed/updated without updating/re-encoding the video. Example, based on analytics we could serve different still images or perform A/B testing or update the image based on marketing campaigns. Our video is goes through a transcoding process via a thirdparty service with costs involved. Updating would also invalidate CDN caching. We'd like to avoid paying for transcoding just to change the still image before a user hits play.

Thoughts?

If i wasn't clear, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks!

Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2015, 00:57

Couldn't you simply add image layer over the video. When video played remove this layer and you have Flash/HTML5 solution. Or I missed your point?

Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015, 02:54

For Flash - would work since you can have the video autoplay when you load the video after hiding the image. Would not use the posterurl at all in this case.
But, when using the HTML5 on iOS, autoplay is not work and its recommended to use the posterurl

So, we would need to have wrapper logic to have it work one way on desktop and another way on mobile with updates if the iOS bugs are fixed. Would be cleaner and less maintenance if the player supposed the posterurl in flash as well so the API is the same.

Thoughts?

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015, 17:35

When i understand right..My first thought would be rtfm :-)
http://www.krpano.com/docu/actions/#device.flash
So
If(device.mobile, blabla
Etc etc

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Montag, 2. Februar 2015, 20:06

We can add flash specific logic, and read the same posterurl property but then each person wanting the same behavior would be implementing it themselves. I was more wondering if it the posterurl could be supported in flash the same way its supported in html5 without ading custom code, for api consistency.

Dienstag, 3. Februar 2015, 10:19

Hi,

I agree a direct support would be sense of course - and that's already on my list.

Best regards,
Klaus