krpano 1.0.8 beta (Flash10, QTVR, Zoomify, Partials Panos, ...)

• An HTML file (from QTVR example) has the following statement works just fine, but got error message "download of ..... failed" when it has 2 or more deeper levels of subdirectory such
    "../../testpano.mov" or
    "../../../pano/testpano.mov"
    of course the referenced mov file was there. What could be wrong?

Hi,

that should work normally, I have tested it right now and it worked,
    is this subdirectory accessible online?
    or is there any .htaccess file that prevents access?

best regards,
    Klaus

• I just came across something funny with the trace function: when invoked from the 'onload' event handler, it issues the whole event code instead of just the parameter.

E.g.:

Code
    onstart="trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);"

Will print

Code
    trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);

in the console...

Just FYI, I did a quick test and this is fixed as well in the Beta7 *thumbup*

• Hi, Klaus !
    May this will catch your attention...
    Consider I put a hotspot in (0,0,80) and a "lookto" action associated to this hotspot...
    When I open my pano, I make three revolutions clockwise to admire it, as it's handsome...
    I decide to click on the hotspot... Then, krp makes three revolutions counter-clockwise before stopping on my hotspot !

It looks like if krp consider that, after one revolution, 0° is no more 0° but 360°, two revolutions 720°, etc.

If necessary, my code

Code
    onclick="tween(view.fov,60,1);tween(view.hlookat,70,1);tween(view.vlookat,0,1,load(cncs_02.xml,null,MERGE,ZOOMBLEND(1,2));"

Edited once, last by sagedavid (April 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM).

• Klaus, don't you think it's possible to include this it the krpano.swf *wink* ?

hmm, I will think about it,

it would be possible to add a special exception for tweening the "hlookat" variable,
    but then it wouldn't be possible anymore to make 2 loops around...

or I add a function to that adjusts the "hlookat" before doing the tween
    e.g.

Code
    adjusthlookat(50,0);
    tween(view.hlookat,50);

where 50 would be the destination value, and 0 the number of loops it should make
    to reach this value...

what do you think about that?

• I add a function to that adjusts the "hlookat" before doing the tween
    e.g.

Code
    adjusthlookat(50,0);
    tween(view.hlookat,50);

where 50 would be the destination value, and 0 the number of loops it should make
    to reach this value...

Maybe this one more interesting... In this way, the one who want to make two loops still can ;)...

And, will it follow the shortest way to go to the hotspot ?

Edited 3 times, last by sagedavid (April 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM).

• Hi Klaus,

I've just update to 1.0.8 beta.

I seems to me, that multiresthreshold don't work anymore.

In 1.0.72 it works great.

I have a Pano with 2 resolutions, now in 1.0.8 always the higher resolution is loaded from the beginning. I've tried even values from 0.01 to 0.99 but always the big res ist loaded. In 1.0.72 the value 0.5 was perfect and the reselution switches at the right zoomlevel.

Tim

Edited once, last by Tim (April 11, 2009 at 10:32 PM).

• I seems to me, that multiresthreshold don't work anymore.

Hi, the selection of the current best multiresolution level has changed in the 1.0.8 version and
    works now a little bit different to the 1.0.7:

now it's much more complex and the calculation respects the screenwidth, screenheight, fisheye settings,
    and large field of views, it tends to load a higher resolution rather than a too low for the current view,
    in the old version you got sometimes a too low resolution, especially on large field of views and wide screensizes,

but if you want to force loading an slightly lower resolution first - try using small negative values,
    e.g. "-0.1" for multiresthreshold,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I've been using 1.0.6 since I started; just read all the updates into 1.0.8 beta 8.

I'm super impressed with how much you're doing, Claus. It's boggling how many features and improvements you've made to KRpano since I started using it. It's just amazing. I wish you the best of luck in getting 1.0.8 completed! *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!