You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 10:02pm

Hi Klaus, I noticed that the pano protected with krprotect (1.0.8-beta6-win) doesn't switch to fullscreen if one slect the option after right-click in panorama viewer.
Hi,
note - the fullscreen mode must be explicitly enabled in the html file in the flash embedding code!
is this the case?

DorinDXN

Trainee

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 11:01am

Thank you Klaus, now I understand. It works if is properly enabled from html.

I was misleaded by the fact that the fullscreen option in the pop-up menu is enabled (i.e not gray-ed) even if the fullscreen mode isn't enabled in the html file.

Dorin

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 9:54pm

I was misleaded by the fact that the fullscreen option in the pop-up menu is enabled (i.e not gray-ed) even if the fullscreen mode isn't enabled in the html file.
Hi, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it's not possible to detect if the fullscreen mode was enabled,
so automatic graying out is possible

advert360

Beginner

Friday, March 27th 2009, 2:49am

krpano 1.0.8 beta plugins sources

Hi Klaus,

I want to ask, if you can upload the plugins source codes for krpano v1.0.8 beta, it would be great. I need to make some skinnings for the combo box component.

Thank you.
advert360 //Place and product presentation

Amedee

Beginner

Friday, March 27th 2009, 3:25pm

Strange behaviour of trace

- trace(a,b,c,...); - traces variables or any text
Hi!

I just came across something funny with the trace function: when invoked from the 'onload' event handler, it issues the whole event code instead of just the parameter.

E.g.:

Source code

onstart="trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);"

Will print

Source code

trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);

in the console...
Phil.

Friday, March 27th 2009, 6:51pm

Quoted from "Amedee"

I just came across something funny with the trace function: when invoked from the 'onload' event handler, it issues the whole event code instead of just the parameter.

Source code

onstart="trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);"

Will print

Source code

trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);

Looks logical to me - after all, you assigned the string "trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);" to the onstart variable... :)

zbooy
--
http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 12:40am

I want to ask, if you can upload the plugins source codes for krpano v1.0.8 beta, it would be great. I need to make some skinnings for the combo box component.
Hi, here - combobox108fla.zip
it will be also included in the final version,

best regards,
Klaus

advert360

Beginner

Monday, March 30th 2009, 5:52pm

Great! Thank you Klaus!
advert360 //Place and product presentation

Amedee

Beginner

Tuesday, March 31st 2009, 2:23pm

url macros not working for cubes...

I reorganized my files on the server and wanted to take advantage of the url macros: %FIRSTXML%, ...

It seems that these substitutions are not working for the cube:

Source code

<image type="CUBE">
	<left url="%FIRSTXML%/pano/face_3.jpg" rotate="0"/>
	<front url="%SWFPATH%/pano/face_0.jpg" rotate="0"/>
	<right url="%HTMLPATH%/pano/face_1.jpg" rotate="0"/>
	<back url="pano/face_2.jpg" rotate="0"/>
	<up url="pano/face_4.jpg" rotate="0"/>
	<down url="pano/face_5.jpg" rotate="0"/>
  </image>

Will be passed as such, as we can see in the server log file

Source code

...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/%SWFPATH%/pano/face_0.jpg HTTP/1.1" 400 307 
...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/%FIRSTXML%/pano/face_3.jpg HTTP/1.1" 400 307
...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/%HTMLPATH%/pano/face_1.jpg HTTP/1.1" 400 307
...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/pano/face_2.jpg HTTP/1.1" 404 12741
...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/pano/face_5.jpg HTTP/1.1" 404 12741

Note that it is working fine with the other components (preview, plugins, ...)
Phil.

Tuesday, March 31st 2009, 6:05pm

RE: RE: RE: RE: Directional sound?

I have just released an update of the soundinterface plugin,
now it supports also "directional sound"
use the "playsound3D()" or "playsound3DHS()" function for it,
Klaus, this is truly great stuff! Thanks very much for working on this. I have recently made a couple of examples using this - see http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/festivals/glade08/originstage.html and http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/fest…lchillarea.html

about the looping and gaps - when loop was set to 0 (=infinite looping) the sound
was stopped and restarted every loop, this could case a gap, but this issue is
fixed now, but for a number of loops there should be no gap,
but it's true that a mp3 file itself can have gaps too!

It is true that the audio itself can have gaps ;-) ...but looping still does pause for a fraction of a second each time. If you try out the second URL above you'll notice a small but distinct break between each loop. (All three MP3s are exactly the same 13 seconds in length.) If I loop them in iTunes or if I sequence them back-to-back in an audio-editing app there's no gap - it plays through seamlessly.

BTW, there's another small but slightly frustrating point: when using multiple MP3 sources played simultaneously (preloaded of course) one often begins fractionally out of sync. If I use 3 audio files it happens sometimes, if I use 4 it happens possibly all the time. Is this an unavoidable consequence of the prodecural nature of executing the XML instructions? Or could there be a way to ask Flash to play multiple audio clips as tightly together as possible?

Any thoughts on these points?

Keith

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 1:03am

RE: url macros not working for cubes...

Quoted

url macros not working for cubes.
Hi, this was fixed now in 1.0.8 beta 7

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 1:07am

It is true that the audio itself can have gaps ;-) ...but looping still does pause for a fraction of a second each time. If you try out the second URL above you'll notice a small but distinct break between each loop. (All three MP3s are exactly the same 13 seconds in length.) If I loop them in iTunes or if I sequence them back-to-back in an audio-editing app there's no gap - it plays through seamlessly.
Hi, in the latest soundinterface plugin the looping is handled by Flash itself,
there is no other normal to reduce any gaps way, but try also googling about
Flash and sound gaps, somewhere I found a explanation my mp3s can cap...

Quoted

BTW, there's another small but slightly frustrating point: when using multiple MP3 sources played simultaneously (preloaded of course) one often begins fractionally out of sync. If I use 3 audio files it happens sometimes, if I use 4 it happens possibly all the time. Is this an unavoidable consequence of the prodecural nature of executing the XML instructions? Or could there be a way to ask Flash to play multiple audio clips as tightly together as possible?
sorry, this is also out of my control, the soundinterface plugin is very simple, it just starts the sounds,
not much more...

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 1:08am

Hi,

krpano 1.0.8 beta 7 is out

I opened a new thread for it:

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?pa…D=2598#post2598

best regards,
Klaus

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 8:07am

*thumbsup* Great job !

Sunday, April 5th 2009, 3:42am

Polygonal hotspots seem to be invisibles with my standalone flashplayer...

Sunday, April 5th 2009, 3:18pm

Polygonal hotspots seem to be invisibles with my standalone flashplayer...
Hi, which versions has your standalone player?
maybe 10.0.12.36? there seems to be a problem with this flashplayer version,

could you please post a not working example, I wanted to test and try to fix it,
I could fix some other problems now and I want to fix this too before releasing a new version

Sunday, April 5th 2009, 7:02pm

And now, it's the same on my website (since I empty my "cache")
It's ok with beta 6 :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sagedavid" (Apr 5th 2009, 7:43pm)

Sunday, April 5th 2009, 8:57pm

And now, it's the same on my website (since I empty my "cache")
It's ok with beta 6 :(
Hi, can you please post an not working example?

Monday, April 6th 2009, 11:53am

Hi, in the latest soundinterface plugin the looping is handled by Flash itself
I thought that might be the problem. Thanks very much for letting me know, and thanks for all your hard work! :-)

Keith

panographer

Beginner

Monday, April 6th 2009, 7:20pm

Online referenced QTVR files got "ERROR MSG" at 2 or more directories levels deep

An HTML file (from QTVR example) has the following statement works just fine, but got error message "download of ..... failed" when it has 2 or more deeper levels of subdirectory such
"../../testpano.mov" or
"../../../pano/testpano.mov"
of course the referenced mov file was there. What could be wrong?

Quoted

so.addVariable("xml", "qtvr_style_include_skin.xml");
so.addVariable("qtvr", "../testpano.mov");
so.addVariable("progress.showwait", "none")
Can the referenced mov file be anywhere on server, or external URL, and what is the correct syntax?