krpano 1.0.8 beta (Flash10, QTVR, Zoomify, Partials Panos, ...)

• Thank you Klaus, now I understand. It works if is properly enabled from html.

I was misleaded by the fact that the fullscreen option in the pop-up menu is enabled (i.e not gray-ed) even if the fullscreen mode isn't enabled in the html file.

Dorin

• Hi Klaus,

I want to ask, if you can upload the plugins source codes for krpano v1.0.8 beta, it would be great. I need to make some skinnings for the combo box component.

Thank you.

• - trace(a,b,c,...); - traces variables or any text

Hi!

I just came across something funny with the trace function: when invoked from the 'onload' event handler, it issues the whole event code instead of just the parameter.

E.g.:

Code
    onstart="trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);"

Will print

Code
    trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);

in the console...

• Quote from Amedee

I just came across something funny with the trace function: when invoked from the 'onload' event handler, it issues the whole event code instead of just the parameter.

Code
    onstart="trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);"

Will print

Code
    trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);

Looks logical to me - after all, you assigned the string "trace(onstart);lookto(100,20,80);" to the onstart variable... :)

zbooy
    --
    http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/

• I reorganized my files on the server and wanted to take advantage of the url macros: %FIRSTXML%, ...

It seems that these substitutions are not working for the cube:

Code
    <image type="CUBE">
    	<left url="%FIRSTXML%/pano/face_3.jpg" rotate="0"/>
    	<front url="%SWFPATH%/pano/face_0.jpg" rotate="0"/>
    	<right url="%HTMLPATH%/pano/face_1.jpg" rotate="0"/>
    	<back url="pano/face_2.jpg" rotate="0"/>
    	<up url="pano/face_4.jpg" rotate="0"/>
    	<down url="pano/face_5.jpg" rotate="0"/>
      </image>

Will be passed as such, as we can see in the server log file

Code
    ...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/%SWFPATH%/pano/face_0.jpg HTTP/1.1" 400 307 
    ...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/%FIRSTXML%/pano/face_3.jpg HTTP/1.1" 400 307
    ...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/%HTMLPATH%/pano/face_1.jpg HTTP/1.1" 400 307
    ...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/pano/face_2.jpg HTTP/1.1" 404 12741
    ...  [31/Mar/2009:13:56:41 +0200] "GET /www/pano/face_5.jpg HTTP/1.1" 404 12741

Note that it is working fine with the other components (preview, plugins, ...)

• I have just released an update of the soundinterface plugin,
    now it supports also "directional sound"
    use the "playsound3D()" or "playsound3DHS()" function for it,

Klaus, this is truly great stuff! Thanks very much for working on this. I have recently made a couple of examples using this - see http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/festivals/glade08/originstage.html and http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/festivals/glad…lchillarea.html

about the looping and gaps - when loop was set to 0 (=infinite looping) the sound
    was stopped and restarted every loop, this could case a gap, but this issue is
    fixed now, but for a number of loops there should be no gap,
    but it's true that a mp3 file itself can have gaps too!

It is true that the audio itself can have gaps *wink* ...but looping still does pause for a fraction of a second each time. If you try out the second URL above you'll notice a small but distinct break between each loop. (All three MP3s are exactly the same 13 seconds in length.) If I loop them in iTunes or if I sequence them back-to-back in an audio-editing app there's no gap - it plays through seamlessly.

BTW, there's another small but slightly frustrating point: when using multiple MP3 sources played simultaneously (preloaded of course) one often begins fractionally out of sync. If I use 3 audio files it happens sometimes, if I use 4 it happens possibly all the time. Is this an unavoidable consequence of the prodecural nature of executing the XML instructions? Or could there be a way to ask Flash to play multiple audio clips as tightly together as possible?

Any thoughts on these points?

Keith

• It is true that the audio itself can have gaps *wink* ...but looping still does pause for a fraction of a second each time. If you try out the second URL above you'll notice a small but distinct break between each loop. (All three MP3s are exactly the same 13 seconds in length.) If I loop them in iTunes or if I sequence them back-to-back in an audio-editing app there's no gap - it plays through seamlessly.

Hi, in the latest soundinterface plugin the looping is handled by Flash itself,
    there is no other normal to reduce any gaps way, but try also googling about
    Flash and sound gaps, somewhere I found a explanation my mp3s can cap...

BTW, there's another small but slightly frustrating point: when using multiple MP3 sources played simultaneously (preloaded of course) one often begins fractionally out of sync. If I use 3 audio files it happens sometimes, if I use 4 it happens possibly all the time. Is this an unavoidable consequence of the prodecural nature of executing the XML instructions? Or could there be a way to ask Flash to play multiple audio clips as tightly together as possible?

sorry, this is also out of my control, the soundinterface plugin is very simple, it just starts the sounds,
    not much more...

• Polygonal hotspots seem to be invisibles with my standalone flashplayer...

Hi, which versions has your standalone player?
    maybe 10.0.12.36? there seems to be a problem with this flashplayer version,

could you please post a not working example, I wanted to test and try to fix it,
    I could fix some other problems now and I want to fix this too before releasing a new version

• An HTML file (from QTVR example) has the following statement works just fine, but got error message "download of ..... failed" when it has 2 or more deeper levels of subdirectory such
    "../../testpano.mov" or
    "../../../pano/testpano.mov"
    of course the referenced mov file was there. What could be wrong?

so.addVariable("xml", "qtvr_style_include_skin.xml");
    so.addVariable("qtvr", "../testpano.mov");
    so.addVariable("progress.showwait", "none")

Can the referenced mov file be anywhere on server, or external URL, and what is the correct syntax?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!