Gyro on 1.18 not working - 1.17 works (Android)

• Hello,
    I´m testing the Epson Moverio glasses with Android-system. First I´ve tried with 1.17.6 and gyro sensor worked. Now I´ve updated the krpano-version to 1.18.2 and the gyro isn´t working anymore.
    Also I´ve tried the examples of both versions. In 1.17 gyro-sensor is available, but not in 1.18 version?

Why that?

regards,
    Marc

• Hi!

I'm not sure 1.17 and 1.18 differ in gyro.js as old gyro and gyro2. (I'm using 1.17 and 1.19-pre3)

But I noticed on my side that some of my Android devices work with gyro2 and badly with old gyro.js, while others works crankly with old gyro and very badly (not usable) with gyro2.

I'm trying to make a in pano selector for Android users to switch from one to the other.

Gyro (old) : movements are not fluid and smooth, but the user can look arround;
    Gyro2 : user can only move up and down (in landscape) but can glance left or right...

If someone is interrested in fixing gyro plugin (by making it working with available hardware), that would be great for Android user experience. As a professional 360 photographer, it is hard to say the customer "buy a device thrice the normal price if you want to look arround" *wink*

Regards,

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur »
    Pentax stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!