youtube videos in krpano

• Hi,

yes, but DevalVR is not Flash!

the Flashplayer has security restrictions which can't be broken by Flash itself
    youtube would need to allow the access explicitly in their crossdomain.xml file, but this is not the case,

best regards,
    Klaus

• are there any other sites that allow this.

is it ok to pull a flv file from another server? distorted

there is no problems with server - you just need to make properly configuration, check develvr forum.
    anyway, devalvr have a lot of functional restrictions, so my choice is krpano *cool*

But terms of use of the youtube doesn't allow you to use the films in another way except youtube.com service.
    I think...

well, i've asked the owner of this video. anyway - there is no problem with embedding youtube video on any page in the internet, so why can't we embed it into panos? *wink*

• Hi,

well, i've asked the owner of this video. anyway - there is no problem with embedding youtube video on any page in the internet, so why can't we embed it into panos? *wink*

it's a Security Limitation from the Flashplayer,
    access to data on external domains must be exlictily allowed by the "crossdomain.xml" file on other the domain,

e.g. here is the crossdomain.xml file from youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/crossdomain.xml :

Code
    <cross-domain-policy>
    <allow-access-from domain="*.youtube.com"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="*.ytimg.com"/>
    </cross-domain-policy>

it only allows access for swf files which are on youtube itself,
    (maybe you can ask youtube if they would add your domain here )

then add video hotspot to your pano with the link to the downloaded file

downloaded videos that are on your own domain are working of course,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!