overlapping hotspot mousover images

• I am using an image hotspot that when a visitor to the site mouses over pops a thumbnail that links to an external site. That is working but when the mouseovers are close together the popped up thumbnail is not showing on the top of other hotspots.

how can i make the mouse overed image appear on the top of any others?

Thanks!

• Set it's zorder to be higher. Sometimes, you may need to keep track with a variable which hotspot you want on top and then when you close it, reset it's zorder back lower so that the next hotspot will be on top.

I am down with the zorder for the placement of the hotspots but what about the images that mouse over they are affected by the initial images...
    Please look at the example via link below. notice that when you mouse over the icon on the right you see that "walmart" icon pop up and the info icon to the left is still displayed.
    is there a way i can assign a second zindex to the popover?

[size=10]http://bluespringsmip.com/v2/tour.html?html5=only[/size]

• yeah just like I said.

Code
    onover="
    ifnot(last_hotspot,
    copy(last_hotspot,name);
    set(hotspot[get(last_hotspot)].zorder,100);
    set(zorder,200);
    copy(last_hotspot,name);
    );
    "

This is just an off the cuff code, so correct any syntax errors or typos.

Logic.
    If there's not a last_hotspot in place, it sets last_hotspot to the current hotspot. Otherwise, you've have an previous hotspot with a high zorder. Now set that zorder back and update last_hotspot and set current zorder higher.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!