• I played yesterday woth 3d distorted hotspots. Nice thing, but I can't use interactive clip (mouseover,click) as hotspot because it is rasterized to bitmap (and it is not correctly rasterizing, cutting clips content). One solution I've found is changing rotationX/Y/Z of clip in actionscript depending on panorama pan,tilt and fov. But only math genius like Klaus can do this. Who can help with this? Of course it will be wonderfull to have built-in engine for 3d-models in future...

• Hi,

note - the rotationX/Y/Z is Flash10 only! krpano doesn't use it!
    there is no relation between these Flash10 3D settings and krpano!
    that means it would be also necessary to change the Flash10 3D perspective settings...

but "routing" mouse events through a distorted hotspot is already in work.

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

After yesterday discussions you know that I'm using own events. And I agree, your 3d distortion is more realistic then that can be achieved with simple 3d rotation in flash10, and have smoother antialiasing, but I thought that existing krpano parameters are enough to rotate arrow hotspot in right direction.

Edited 2 times, last by firefoxer (August 19, 2009 at 9:13 AM).

• Hi,

I'm not sure which 3D axis system the Flash10 uses by default, but for very simple (not accurate) rotation for a arrow hotspot it should be possible to use them of course

maybe try something like this: (only a thought)

Code
    var view:Object = krpano.get("view");
    arrow.rotationY = -view.hlookat;
    arrow.rotationX = -view.vlookat;

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!