krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

• Hi, just to keep possible interested people informed, the hotspots have appeared when I added 'keep="true"'. Flash version didn't need it. In fact I was having this problem in 19-pr3, not in this one. In 19-pr1 it worked without keep=true like in this one. It took me a while to solve it.

Cheers.

• Hi Klaus

Just tried the VR plugin on iPhone 6 and Samsung s6 - very very impressed, much more instinctive positioning the '+' over a 'go forward' arrow.

Some questions...

1. What is the best flag/variable to test whether the tour is in vr mode (can I use the vr="true") so for example I'd like to play an audio commentary after the pano is loaded, but only want this to play when in VR mode.

2. vlookat - I'm using vlookat to 'orientate' the next pano view when an arrow is touched/clicked:

<hotspot name="arrow-90"
    url="../hotspots/yellow-arrow.png"

onclick="loadscene(pano3,null,merge,blend(2));set(view.hlookat,90)"

I understand that vlookat is ignored and effectively the real headset direction is used which makes obvious sense. Not an issue where I have a series of panos' all orientated in the same direction (i.e. 0 degrees always = North), but I have a tour which is an inverted 'U' and the 0 becomes 180 as you go around the bend (if that makes sense) is there a 'fix' for this or should I just make sure all pano's consistently have the same orientation?

3. I have a video that plays 'on the wall' of one of my virtual tours, does not work in VR, assume this is a feature, is this likely to be available in the final VR mode version?

Best regards

Tim

ps - for Samsung gearvr, to stop the gearvr app starting up I bought and installed package disabler pro on Samsung s6 and disabled gear vr services, this stops the oculus app starting up

• Thanks

I'll try 1 and 3, issue with 2... isn't that going turn off gyro?

I've tried this instead...

<hotspot name="arrow-254"
    url="../hotspots/yellow-arrow.png"
    alpha="0.8"
    scale="0.5"
    distorted="true"
    rx="-60.0"
    ath="254"
    atv="5"
    zoom="true"
    onhover="showtext(' ',hotspottextstyle);"
    onclick="loadscene(pano21,null,merge,blend(2));set(view.hlookat,70);set(webvr.resetSensor,70);"
    />

I was expecting the 'called' pano to be orientated at 70 degrees, but it opens at the same orientation as the pano it was called from. so the webvr.resetSensor seems not to be read, or maybe I'm not using it correctly

Tim

• Hi,

that usage/syntax of resetSensor is wrong:

onclick="loadscene(pano21,null,merge,blend(2));set(view.hlookat,70);set(webvr.resetSensor,70);"

see here:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#resetsensor

The correct usage would be:

Code
    onclick="loadscene(pano21,null,merge,blend(2)); webvr.resetSensor(70);"

or better try this:

Code
    onclick="loadscene(pano21,null,merge,blend(2)); if(webvr.isenabled == true, webvr.resetSensor(70), set(view.hlookat,70) );"

And you would need to use at least 1.19 pre-release 3 (because you're posting in the pre-release 1 thread).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus

Many thanks for this, just tried it and the second option did exactly what I needed.

I am using pre release 3, sorry I did not pick the right forum.

Re limiting hlookat and vlookat (i.e. using vlookatmax/vlookatmin etc) do you eventually intend krpano to support this in VR or is it just not feasible?

thanks again for all your efforts with krpano.

Best regards
    Tim

• Hi guys

I am new at programming and krpano.

I have an introduction page with thumbnail previews and then linked scenes of panorama pics with hotspots. I would like to be able to see the same startview for every scene after i enter VRmode. Where and how should I use the resetSensor(hlookat) ? Should I use it in the tour.xml or webvr.xml? how should I code it?

When i Enter VR mode on my mobile device, I would like to see the startview that i have set no matter which position i am standing.

I did this.

onstart="lookat(179.999,0); if(webvr.isenabled == true, webvr.resetSensor(hlookat));"

And upon using the resetSensor(hlookat); , where should i delete the KEEPMOVING ?

Thanks.

• It's ok. I got it already.

• Hi, I know it has been discussed before, but that was year ago and my problem is a bit different: I got reports from an iPhone 6 user telling me the fullscreen mode works once WebVR is activated for about 1 minute, but then the top bar comes back in. This is with the default browser. With Chrome, the bar never even disappears, i.e. there's no real full screen mode. Everything works fine on Android, i.e. no bar in fullscreen mode. Any idea to fix this?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!