krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

• What? There is a pr2 version?!
    Seriously klaus, you work so hard and so quick that you should set up a Twitter or Newsfeed account to inform your users that a new version is out *wink*
    Anyways, I've updated my tour with the new pr2 but I still have that issue.

I'm going to try to give as much information as possible to make your life easy.
    - Open the following URL: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/autofs/shared/…er/devel/1.html
    - pr2 has messed up something in my main menu icons (4 car brand models) and they don't show in VR mode. So please, ignore that and click on Ford, and then enter VR mode using the button at the top.
    - Look/Click on the icon in the wind screen.
    - Select the night scene, then wait until the background change.
    - Look/Click again on the icon in the wind screen. Do you see that the night icon is still on the left side. Well, that icon should be a 'white room'. To prove this, with the two icons displayed, exit VR using the button at the top.
    - Do you see that the icon on the left has changed?

Here is the file containing the relevant code:
    http://192.168.56.1:8090/gforces/car_de…s_gui/index.xml

In particular this is the action:

Code
    <action name="set_trims_colors_2">set(hotspot[color_trims_btn_1].url,%SWFPATH%/include/colors_gui/trim_color_1.png); set(hotspot[color_trims_btn_1].onclick,load_trim_color(a)); set(hotspot[color_trims_btn_2].url,%SWFPATH%/include/colors_gui/trim_color_3.png); set(hotspot[color_trims_btn_2].onclick,load_trim_color(c)); trace(get(hotspot[color_trims_btn_1].url)); showlog();</action>

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rafael

• Hi,

Nope, the WebVr pages don't work at all.

In this case the main problem is probably the browser/system itself. From krpano side there should be no reason why the WebVR API shouldn't work.

But, maybe because I'm working on a Mac, even the Testing Server doesn't work from my side.

The krpano Testing Server should work fine on Mac.

What? There is a pr2 version?!

Just see the latest posts in the news forum:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=2
    or on the news page:
    https://krpano.com/news/

Seriously klaus, you work so hard and so quick that you should set up a Twitter or Newsfeed account to inform your users that a new version is out

I've posted it on Twitter, but I'm preferring the krpano forum for announcing news :
    https://twitter.com/klausreinfeld/status/596635610229690368

- Look/Click again on the icon in the wind screen. Do you see that the night icon is still on the left side. Well, that icon should be a 'white room'. To prove this, with the two icons displayed, exit VR using the button at the top.
    - Do you see that the icon on the left has changed?

I see, but I don't know the reason yet. I will check this of course, but please also note that the current WebGL-hotspot rendering is not finished yet (as noted in the release posts) - that means many hotspot related things might not work in VR mode yet.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

I've posted it on Twitter, but I'm preferring the krpano forum for announcing news :

https://twitter.com/klausreinfeld/status/596635610229690368

I didn't know you were in Twitter. Well, now you have a new follower *tongue*

Regarding the hotspot problem, I understand this is a pre-release and not everything works yet. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't anything wrong in my code. I'll try to modify it to work around this issue.

Thanks again for your great work!

• Thanks a lot Klaus for this amazing release! The VR works well!

I have some issues though:
    - the lookat() works perfectly in normal mode, but when we are in VR mode, it is all messed up. Does anyone has the same problem ?
    - is it possible that some hotspot cannot be shown in VR mode (even with distorded option), I made a mask with an hotspot but it doesn't work in VR...

May I ask when do you think the stable release 1.19 will be out? (for the video available in VR)

Thanks again for your great work!

• Hi,

- the lookat() works perfectly in normal mode, but when we are in VR mode, it is all messed up. Does anyone has the same problem ?

That's normal - in VR mode the viewing direction will be set from the headset and not from the user or the xml. A way to reset the headset tracking would be calling the resetSensor() action from the WebVR plugin:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#resetsensor

- is it possible that some hotspot cannot be shown in VR mode (even with distorded option), I made a mask with an hotspot but it doesn't work in VR...

Masks are generally not available in HTML5.

May I ask when do you think the stable release 1.19 will be out? (for the video available in VR)

As soon as everything is ready of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

I'm trying the last prerelease with the Oculus and WebVR plugin. Once the Oculus is connected and configured, I start the WebVR example from krpano. If the panorama displays, it doesn't move at all. It seems the positional tracker isn't lit, the blue led is OFF although on the Toscana Unity demo, it is ON.
    Did I miss something?

Having the same problem. However moving to a new MacPro it worked for a couple of days, and then stopped working. Perhaps a new Firefox Nightly version broke something?

Edited once, last by aenghus (June 2, 2015 at 11:41 PM).

• Hi All,

i have make a tour for cardboard, and try to add different sound for each panos, it works, but i have a "delay", something special where the music is a little bit slower, and "duplicate". Here is the code of my xml, may someone tell me where i go wrong . Thank you and have a nice day. Gabriel.

Code
    <krpano logkey="false" showerrors="false" onstart="startup();">
    <action name="startup">	if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));	loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);</action>
    <layer name="txtpanoswitch" url="skin/loading.png" keep="true" visible="false" align="center"  soundOn="true" scale="0" onloaded="if(side == right, set(ox,-10), set(ox,+10) );" />
    <plugin name="soundinterface" preload="true" url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/soundinterface.swf"	    alturl="%SWFPATH%/plugins/soundinterface.js" keep="true"/><action name="playsoundaction">		set(plugin[data].soundOn, true);		playpanosounds(forcesounds);</action>
    <scene name="scene_01" title="01" onstart="" seen="false"><view fov="110" /><preview url="pics/01.tiles/preview.jpg" /><image><cube url="pics/01.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" /><mobile><cube url="pics/01.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" /></mobile></image>		<events onloadcomplete="onloadcompleteaction();"/><action name="onloadcompleteaction">		playpanosounds());</action><action name="playpanosounds">		playbackgroundsound(%BASEDIR%/sounds/air_-_playground_love.mp3,100);</action> <action name="playbackgroundsound">		if(%1 == none,			stopallsounds();			set(plugin[soundinterface].background,%1);			, 			if(plugin[soundinterface].background == %1,				if (%3 == forcesounds,					stopallsounds();playsound(backgroundsound,%1,);				)				,				stopallsounds();playsound(backgroundsound,%1,);				set(plugin[soundinterface].background,%1);			)		); </action> </scene>
  • Hi,

sorry, but that sounds like a device or browser problem, nothing inside krpano or the xml can cause a 'sound delay'. Maybe the VR rendering is too much for the device so that there are no more cpu resources for playing the sound...

What devices and browsers have you tested?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus, and thank for your rapid answer.

i use a iPhone 6, the tour is embedded in the phone by goodreader, and read by safari.
    But it's already when i build the tour on my computer that i can hear the delay.
    in fact it's like the music is duplicated, and a little bit slowed, with a kind of echo ...
    Thank you and have a nice day.

Gabriel.

• Sounds like either playing the sound two times or a problem with the sound file itself...

Sorry, but I don't think that this is a problem related to krpano or the 1.19 pre-release, but if you want you can post a link to your example (in a separate thread!) and I will have a look at it.

• Hi Klaus

Sorry to bring this up again but just wanted to get some clarity on this if possible.

How do we control this in a multi pano tour?

I have roughly the right lookat loading for most panos that load but a certain number of panos end up being backwards. Tour has been created using Panotour pro 2.5 beta but I've been using Krpano for years and have gone into the xml but can't seem to find why the headset would reset just for these particular panos and not for others.

Also not sure how we can get around this issue. I wish I could post an example but unfortunately whole project is under NDA.

*smile*

• Hi,

that's for the 'cross-domain local-storage'.

It allows to store the mobile-vr headsets settings locally on the device inside the browser, but by sharing the setting between several domains. That will be only loaded when calling loadsettings() or savesettings().

That means when adjusting and saving the vr setting once on any krpano pano, you can visit any other krpano pano on any other domain and have access to the same vr settings. That means the vr setup would need to be done only once.

Setting manually a different domain/url wouldn't be useful because then this wouldn't work anymore. In the next release (1.19-pr3) it will be optionally also possible to store the settings only on the local domain localstorage.

If you don't want that, just remove the loadsettings()/savesettings() calls in the webvr.xml or implement a just solution for storing the vr settings.

Btw - you're using an too old version, there is already a pre-release 2 and soon there will be a pre-release 3.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi everybody.

I didn't use my Oculus with krpano since months, and I don't understand why, but ir doesn't work anymore *sad* Exactly as if oculus would not be connected...

The tour I want to display was made with KRP 1.19 pr1, but I have tried with a pr2 and pr3 without success.

Here it is : http://static.zooomez.fr/medias/vr/bade….xml&html5=only

I have tried Klaus examples and Jerome's Paris VR, same problem.

Chromium version is Chromium_WebVR_Win_SDK_0.5.0.1

Downloaded here : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=…sp=sharing#list

Oculus version is 1.7 (SDK 0.6.0.1), my oculus works fine with other apps.

Did I miss anything ? *confused* *confused* *confused*

Any help welcome *unsure*

Best regards !

Philippe

• Hi,

The tour I want to display was made with KRP 1.19 pr1, but I have tried with a pr2 and pr3 without success.

Did I miss anything ?

Yes - two things:

1. the WebVR API has changed - pr1 doesn't work anymore in newer Chrome and Firefox builds, pr2 or pr3 need to be used.
    2. the WebVR support is behind a flag in the newer Chrome versions and need to be activated manually - enter 'chrome://flags/#enable-webvr' in the Chromium WebVR build and active it.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• the WebVR API has changed - pr1 doesn't work anymore in newer Chrome and Firefox builds, pr2 or pr3 need to be used.
    the WebVR support is behind a flag in the newer Chrome versions and need to be activated manually - enter 'chrome://flags/#enable-webvr' in the Chromium WebVR build and active it.

Thanks a lot, it works fine with chromium.

A question : is there any way to "convert" a pr1 tour to a PR3 tour without rebuilding it entirely ? I mean, only replace and/or modify some files ?

Here is the comparison between a pr1 render (left) and pr3 (right) with singleres tour droplet, with a short tour of 2 equis.

Only these changes in tour.xml (except alternative skins in pr1)

For index.html, no changes (only the design option)

tour.js, tour.swf are different

And the plugin folder is different.

So I think it is possible to :

- modify the tour.xml
    - replace tour.js, tour.swf
    - replace skin and plugin folder

And it shoud work ?

Am I wrong ?

Best regards

• - modify the tour.xml

And it shoud work ?

Hi,

- modify the tour.xml

And it shoud work ?

Yes, that should work.

- update/replace the http://tour.swf/tour.js
    - update/replace the whole plugins and skin folder
    - modifying the tour.html and tour.xml would be optional, but recommend if you want to use the new features (design selection in the html, new skin settings)

The pano images itself don't need to be rebuild and the <scene> elements in the tour.xml will also be the same.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, I've read above that the hotspot rendering is not finished yet in this pre-release, but anyway, maybe my example can also help developing it.

I've recently used the pr1, but after a friend advised me about some problems in Safari+Mac desktop I've changed to pr3 and added

Code
    <display framerate="60" devices="desktop.and.safari" />

to my xml

When upgraded to pr3 the hotspot at nadir just vanished, and it is not inside VR mode, it already disapeared when entering the standard panoramic mode.

Here are two examples:

http://cartola.org/panoramas/2014…eum-Great_Hall/

http://cartola.org/panoramas/20141121-Metmuseum-Esfinges

The hospot link is there (nadir) but the image doesn't show. No error is reported by krpano. I haven't put the example online, but if I just change the index.js with the one from pr1 the hotspot image gets shown.

Bests and thank you for your great work, as always.

• Hi everybody

At first, my Oculus Rift works fine with Win10.

If Have installed Chromium, enabled VR.
    But it seems this tour doesn't work in VR mode : http://static.zooomez.fr/cl/pech-cel/index.html

If I click the cardboard icon, it turns fullscreen, without controlbar or anything else.

After a few seconds, it turns back to the non VR tour.

Do I am wrong ? Any idea ?

I have to make a demo tomorrow, on a win10 computer, any help welcome !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!