krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

• Hi I'm new to pano and VR. So please bear with my questions here.
    I'm upgrading the existing pano tour to be compatible with the Oculus Rift. Previously, without VR, hotspot links can be opened as external url links. But with VR enabled, the external links cannot be opened. Also with VR enabled, video can't be played. Any suggestion how to fix?

The current hotspot settings are like this. Non-VR mode works fine and can open the link.

<hotspot name="spot17" url="Museumdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" rz="0.0" ry="0.0" rx="0.0" height="25" width="25" atv="11.1549" ath="179.24" distorted="true" onclick="openurl('AF/16_LastCatch.htm', _blank);"/>

<hotspot name="spot18" url="Museumdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" rz="0.0" ry="0.0" rx="0.0" height="25" width="25" atv="10.6479" ath="156.946" distorted="true" onclick="openurl('AF/09_FantasyCreatures.htm', _blank);"/>

Edited 2 times, last by harr123 (March 31, 2015 at 12:28 PM).

• Hi,

I know - the WebVR API specs have changed and therefore the old API isn't working anymore. The WebVR API is still experimental and so this can happen a several times in future too.

I have already updated to the new API specs (while keeping compatibility to the old one), but I'm still working on several optimizations, smaller bugfixes and some browser-bug-workarounds before releasing the next pre-release version.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Yep, I already thought it was the not backwards compatible part which caused this.

May I ask if it's enough to only update the webvr.js file on clients' server when you release a new pre-release version?

• Hi I'm new to pano and VR. So please bear with my questions here.
    I'm upgrading the existing pano tour to be compatible with the Oculus Rift. Previously, without VR, hotspot links can be opened as external url links. But with VR enabled, the external links cannot be opened. Also with VR enabled, video can't be played. Any suggestion how to fix?

Are all your hotspots distorted as stated in the opening post of this thread?

• Are all your hotspots distorted as stated in the opening post of this thread?

Yes, they are set as distorted. When VR cursor reaches on top of it, the loading animation works well too. Just that it won't open the external html link/video after that. I guess the problem is that opening an external url link in a new tab is equal to quitting the VR. That might be the reason why it won't work. Any alternative way to solve this problem?

• Hi all,

i'm trying to develop an app for Samsung Gear VR. I can easily run demo tours without plugging in the USB connector, but I want to use 'em with USB connector plugged in.
    Is there a workaround to disable GearVR's interface autoloading?
    Someone talk 'bout Quarantine app:
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?t=20294
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…d.appquarantine

but it seems not to be supported anymore on Android 5.0.
    Any similar app or other solutions?

Ty!

• Nothing special with xml, just call javascript functions with krpano, something like :
    js(start_my_sound(2000));delayedcall(10,js(stop_my_sound())
    will call the start_my_sound function with 2sec setting, and stop the sound after 10 sec.
    For the javascript function the api is on Soundinterface 2 website ;)

Merci je vais essayer *thumbsup*

Hi,

Sorry, what kind of hotspot is hotspot "distorted"? In French with google it means déformé ?

thank you,

Dan

Edited once, last by tarrinos (April 3, 2015 at 1:06 PM).

• Hi

I have made a vr demo tour including 56 panoramas on this link http://static.zooomez.fr/medias/vr/badepl/vvvr for a demo tomorrow friday with more than 100 people working in tourism.

As you can see, I have 56 thumbnails on the menu, and every thumb is "active", I mean when the cursor is over, it opens the pano after a few seconds. And it is not really easy for a "newbie to vr" to "slalom" between the thumbs to choose the one you want to open...

Would there be a way to make that only a portion of the thumb would be reactive ? For example, I added a name on a thumb (Clamouse) and this could be the "reactive"zone ?

Jerome told me this could be done with "parent/child", (I have no idea of the code *cry* ) but maybe there would be a more simle way ?

I Hope I am not too confuse and someone has an idea...

Thanks a lot !

• Hi Klaus,

in the new release I try to create a distorted textfield hotspot for a VR Panorama, mainly for HTML5.
    After trying around a little with no text at all showing (but having a clickable, invisible hotspot) I deactivated the WebGL Rendering for hotspots. Now I get the text to show up, but if I enter VR Mode it disappears.
    Is that something you are aware of and will fix for the next version or is there some kind of workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Edited once, last by PhilippC (April 2, 2015 at 6:05 PM).

• I managed to adapt the example of prerelease version 1.19, and only at the end, appeared brand krpano demo. What mistake did? What should I do to fix it?
    For the example to be operational on my page, I had to upload almost the entire folder from krpano-1.19-pr1-win/viewer/example/ webvr. Please show me how to do it correctly.
    solved

Edited 4 times, last by ramirox3 (April 4, 2015 at 6:40 PM).

• Hi,

I'm wondering how to allow viewing of VR content only to desktop browsers supporting Web VR for viewing on Oculus Rift and mobiles.
    Setting devices for mobile is no problem but right now it seems I'm only able to allow/disallow viewing for all desktop devices or certain standard browsers. Is this correct or am I missing something?
    Is there or will there be a devices setting for Web VR browsers only?

Thanks

[Edit] Found the onavailable parameter in webvr.xml which did the job.

• hello,

At home krpano-vr 1.19 with nightly stops working, I do not have the button "ENTER VR"

it works with chromium

jeromebg with chromium I have no sound on your visit?

Dan

• My apologies if I missed this, but is there a way to do stereoscopic video? Using 2 video sources instead of just one like is shown in the examples?

Thank you!

• You need only one source with the 2 videos in top-bottom mode or side-by-side mode.

Please forgive me as I'm a total newbie at this, So you're saying 1 video (mp4 or whatever format) compiled with the 2 stereoscopic videos side by side?

• Hi,

Yes, one video source.

See here:
    krpano 1.19 (Pre Release) - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

e.g. in the xml use:

Code
    <image ... stereo="true" stereoformat="TB">
    	<sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

E.g. - if your pano videos have a size of 4096x2048, then make a 4096x4096 video with the two panos stacked in top/bottom order.

Btw - please note that due a small parsing bug in the 1.19-prerelease-1, currently only TOP-BOTTOM panos are supported! That means side-by-side videos are not supported yet. This bug will be fixed in the next pre-release, but the top/bottom order should be the more common and beter anyway (e.g. 4096x4096 vs. 8192x2048 as video-frame size).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I like Krpano 1.19 and have converted several Panotours to show on GearVR and Cardboard.
    I have also converted one tour with a Livepano node.
    All the functionality works (hotspots linking to other panos) and the video starts when the tour is launched.
    I can also stop/start the livepano video with the visual cursor.
    But the video does not show and only the sound plays.
    When I open the tour on a Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 in Mozilla Nightly or Firefox, the video starts and is visible.
    When I enter VR setup the video becomes invisible but the sound continues.
    Direct link here: LaTrobeMelbourne
    Help please!

Edited once, last by bmeyer: add link to tour (April 15, 2015 at 3:52 AM).

• Hi Klaus,

I'm really excited by KRPano 1.19 pre-release.
    Trying new function of 3d hotspot, I have a question about translate and rotation.

When I translate hotspot object by tr/ty/tz attribute,
    the rotation axis still remains original position.
    Is it possibile to shift the rotation axis to object coordinate?
    (Wish I can select the axis by world coordinate and object coordinate)

Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!