Scaling bugs in HTML5 viewer

• Klaus -- I'm encountering scaling issues in the HTML5 viewer. There are significant differences between Flash and HTML5:

The smaller examples have a scale of 0.5 applied to the parent div. Scalechildren is true. Problems:

1) Border width (bgborder) does not scale
    2) Border curved corners (bgroundedge) does not scale
    3) Textfield text size does not scale

• Klaus -- I put up a demo here: Scaling demo

Click "TOGGLE" to toggle scale between 1 and 0.5.

Something else I just noticed. In HTML5 the textfield repositions horizontally with it's left edge as if the textfield had been scaled instead of keeping it actually centered. If I give it an absolute width the field scales properly but not the text.

BTW, my current workaround for scaling the textfield text is to compute the scaled font-size then update the field's CSS with the new size. I wonder if zoom: -moz-transform: would work. Actually I know it works for scaling but am not sure how functionality is affected by the iOS zoom bug.

Another thing I see in this demo: bgroundedge seems to scale correctly but it didn't in my more complete coding. Hmmm.
    See update in next message.

XML code:

Code
    <krpano>

See updated code in next message.

</krpano>
  • Figured it out. bgroundedge scaling works fine for the topmost parent. It doesn't work for children. I have updated the demo to better show this. The updated code is below:

• Hi,

this a known design issue/limitation and not a simple bug. In HTML5 the children scaling currently works by sending the resulting size to the children elements, but not by applying a overall scaling like in Flash. The plugin onresize interface currently doesn't have the possibility to track scaling factors from parent elements.

This has technical/compatibility and also design reasons, but I'm planing and working on improvements here of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!