krpano tools.app -ENCRYPT tool fails when batching - Version 1.18.2

• Hi all,
    hi Klaus,

when droping a path/folder or dropping a selection of single XML-Files to the ENCRYPT Section of krpano tools.app, the tool ends processing with message like xx processed (yy unfinished with error) - or so.
    WHEN using the same files dropping and encrypting one-by-one => no error.

Also, there ist no error log, that would show WHY errors occured (??? improvement potential or knowledge lack on my side).

Finally, using the drop path or drop folder option, the embedpano.js also get encrypted ==> AND STOPS WORKING. (IS THAT MY FAULT?). I did not check with any other JS like radar, compass etc.

Anybody else recognizing this?

MacBook Pro Retina with 10.8.5.

regards

Honi soit qui mal y pense ! *thumbup*

• Hi,

yes, a detailed error log is on my list.

The error might be when trying to encrypt an already encrypted file.

The encryption tool currently can't detect if the given file is the krpano viewer or the embedding script itself to skip them automatically.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• H,

thanks.

Means in other words also:
    DO NOT ENCRYPT the EMBEDPANO- equivalent JS file, right?

Your assumption, there might have been already encrypted files, is very uncertain, as i very seldom use the encrypt option for ALL FILES, only if I transfer ZIPs to a webmaster.
    Additionally this did not happen, dropping the same files at once driectly on to the droplet (which I did not do befroe, as I did not want to maintain the backups, because I saved them in advance).

My feeling stays, it is something within the tools batching logok..

Anyhow, Klaus, thanks.

regards
    Helge

Honi soit qui mal y pense ! *thumbup*

• DO NOT ENCRYPT the EMBEDPANO- equivalent JS file, right?

Not just not the embedding script, not the krpano viewer files too.

The embedding script embeds the krpano viewer into the page, then the krpano viewer will load (and decrypt) the other files. So when the embedding script or the krpano viewer files would be encrypted with the krpano encryption, then there would be nobody there to decrypt them ;-).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!