XML parsing error in FF and IE after xml public encryption

• Hi.

I use krpano v1.18.2

I created custom krpano HTML5 viewer with "Krpano Tools" (Protect Tool tab)

Then I encrypt xml files using Encrypt Tool tab ("Use private encryption" option was unchecked).

Windows:
    - Chrome - all works fine
    - FF - xml parsing error
    - IE - Invalid document syntax error

Without encryption all works fine. I tried to encrypt three xml files. One of them works even in encrypted state. Two others occur the above error.

What's wrong? Does anybody know.

Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by cvisto (February 26, 2015 at 9:59 AM).

• Hi!

really, after the encryption tour stops working in IE and Mozilla on the desktop

btw, on the mobile devices in iOS and Android (Chrome browser) is working fine

html5 - prefer

- work perfect in chrome in flash

- work perfect in opera in HTML5

- not work in mozilla in HTML5

- not work in IE in HTML5

html5 - auto - work perfect in opera, mozilla and chrome in flash

PS
    do not pay attention to the content of menu items - the are process of development
    slowing the creation of the menu in HTML5 associated with the use of autoheight textfields, I did not expect that this is a very long process..

• Hi,

the problem is that there is a 0-byte at the end of the decrypted menu.xml content.

I'm not sure where this might come from, either it was already there in the original xml file (please check your xml in a hex-editor) or it was added during encryption, but this is the reason for the problem.

For some browsers a 0-byte is no problem when converting bytes to strings, but some other browsers (like Firefox) are generating a invalid character for a 0-byte and this leads to the xml parser error.

For the next krpano release, I've added a special check for this - there 0-bytes in the xml will be automatically filtered out.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!