droplet cube to sphere does not work since - yosemite ?

• Hi There,

a few month ago that i made my last panos. Now I have yosemity.

when I use the droplet, it tells me "drop 6 images" - but I droped 6 Images. just produced by the spehere to cube-droplet..

I also have a problem with makevtour - only one of two panos is done...?

hoping for soon help, Torsten

• Hi,

there is a known Mac OSX Finger bug where the Finder opens the droplet separately for each dropped file.

This is a OSX bug - regarding to the droplet code itself it should be impossible that such happens.

That bug appears only on some systems. I wasn't able to reproduce it myself, but I have got 2 reports about this and also found some other non-krpano-related descriptions around the web about the same bug.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hallo Klaus,

ich hole das Thema nochmal hoch. Gibt es hier inzwischen schon einen Lösungsansatz?
    Seite Mac OS Yosemite kann ich das Tool nicht mehr nutzen.

Danke und Gruß
    Karsten

Update: Ich habe jetzt einmal die TIFs in JPGs umgewandelt, dann funktioniert das Tool wie erwartet. Damit muss und kann ich erstmal leben.

Edited once, last by Angelheini: Update (July 19, 2015 at 11:48 PM).

• Hi,

there is a known Mac OSX Finger bug where the Finder opens the droplet separately for each dropped file.

This is a OSX bug - regarding to the droplet code itself it should be impossible that such happens.

That bug appears only on some systems. I wasn't able to reproduce it myself, but I have got 2 reports about this and also found some other non-krpano-related descriptions around the web about the same bug.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Same problem - apperas when dragging multiple files on krpano droplets. Very annoying workaround for "makevtour" and can not use "convert cube to sphere" :(

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong"
    - Bertnard Russell

• The simple workaround would be not to drop the files to droplet.
    Because this bug is present only for drag-and-drop event.

Instead select your panos/tiles, open right-mouse-click context menu and navigate to the program (on this case the corresponding Krpano droplet) to open the panos/tiles.

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong"
    - Bertnard Russell

• Hi.. I copied my pano to the KRPANO tools with the Droplet where I was asked for permission.. But it will still not work.. I need to use the KRPANO DROPLET since PTP changes the colours...

I get this..

Last login: Fri Sep 4 13:11:16 on ttys000
    '/Applications/KR Pano 1.6.9 version/krpanotools-1/Convert SPHERE to CUBE http://droplet.app/../ktransform' -config=convertdroplets.config '/Users/johnmatheson/Desktop/Test New Shooting Pattern/New3/PhotomatixResults1/APG-Test-3opp.jpg'
    Destinys-iMac:~ johnmatheson$ '/Applications/KR Pano 1.6.9 version/krpanotools-1/Convert SPHERE to CUBE http://droplet.app/../ktransform' -config=convertdroplets.config '/Users/johnmatheson/Desktop/Test New Shooting Pattern/New3/PhotomatixResults1/APG-Test-3opp.jpg'
    -bash: /Applications/KR Pano 1.6.9 version/krpanotools-1/Convert SPHERE to CUBE http://droplet.app/../ktransform: No such file or directory
    Destinys-iMac:~ johnmatheson$

What can I do...??

Destiny..

Sometimes I might come across as being stupid; But I have an IQ of 137 *tongue*

• krpanotools-1-2012 works..!! ....but that has a Water Mark on it.. and that too changes the colours just like PTP, to sRGB... I am sure that when I tried with the latest version of krpano a while ago, before updating my Yosemite, it did not do this.. but not sure..

How can I remove the Watermark...??

krpanotools and player 2012 15 version does work but not all versions after that... It seems... *unsure* but.. it changes the colour space as you can see...

Destiny..

Edited 2 times, last by Destiny (September 4, 2015 at 8:19 AM).

• Hi,

about not working drag-and-drop in Yosemitte - that's an OSX system bug, see that post above for a workaround:
    droplet cube to sphere does not work since - yosemite ?

How can I remove the Watermark...??

Older krpano versions before version 1.16.9 are requiring the license files in the same folder as tools.
    Newer krpano versions since 1.17 need to be registered via the krpano Tools app.

About the colors - sorry, but there is a misunderstanding on your side - the krpano tools don't change any color values (same in all versions), but they ignore and strip away any color profile information.

The color profile tells the image viewer/editor application how the 'raw' color values should be interpreted for displaying. Get your colors back you would need to 'ASSIGN' (not convert!) the original color profile after using the krpano tools.

To avoid such problems I would recommend working in sRGB color space (especially when working with 8bit RGB values like in your case with the .jpg file, a 8bit image with AdobeRGB color space would waste color precision).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you for that info Klaus..

I dropped a copy of my license into the krpano 1.0.8.14 version and now I have no water mark.. *wink* This is the only version that allows me to create Cubes and Cubes to Pano.. I followed the tip above but that does not work for me...

Destiny...

Edited once, last by Destiny (September 5, 2015 at 4:22 AM).

• I find that all Droplets are not working on one of my Windows 10 PC but they work on another. When I drop a jpg on the droplet it runs that bat file but does not run the process and says press any key to continue, and then closed when key is pressed. It is as if the KRtools are not running, how can I check the installation is correct I cannot find any notes on how the tools should be installed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!