You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 10:18pm

Dynamik content over Hotspot

Hi
I am sitting on a problem and can't find a way... Maybe somebody knows a little help.
I would like to have hotspots with showing dynamic content :
For example, let's say
I have some houses in my pano. On every house there is a Hotspot which shows the name of the owner.

In a sql-database I have saved all the names.
The xml-hotspots are made by php with the names from the database as a xml-variable.

Echo '<Hotspot name =" hotspot"..... Owner="Mr smith" />' ;

When touching the hotshot I need the content of the variable "owner" to get the right content from the database. Thus I need to catch it by php in any way. But I don't know how to achieve this.
For easier understanding, I want to have an php output of the content of the xml-variable, something like
Echo get[owner] ;

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Muxi" (Apr 2nd 2015, 2:31am)

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 9:30am

I noticed that the only problem is that I can't use a self determined variable like "owner", so I will try it with using the" name " variable

panomaster

Intermediate

Occupation: Virtual Tours - Spherical Panoramas - Krpano developer

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 1:27pm

You have to use mix of javascript/AJAX/php. But in the case of small darabase (eg. 100-200 records) better way is generating xml dynamically and storing all data in <data ...> object or any other xml structure eg.

Source code

<records>
	<record name="r1" value1="..." />
	<record name="r2" value1="..." />
	<record name="r3" value1="..." />
</records>

That gives you an instant access to data without using javascript/AJAX

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 5:43pm

Ok, thanks, that would be an alternative.
But I achieved it already with the js function. And as I want to work for longer time with these data it would be much more comfortable to edit them by php/mysql.
As I mentioned before, by using js within a Hotspot style, I could get access to the variable "name". But - as I am not really through this xml stuff - it did not work with a self determined variable like" owner" which I defined within the Hotspot tag. If I cannot define variables by myself, are there any other given variables which I can use in the Hotspot tag? Or is there a way to define new variables to use?

panomaster

Intermediate

Occupation: Virtual Tours - Spherical Panoramas - Krpano developer

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 8:18am

You can pass any variable to js function. Eg. if you have hotspot like this, you can pass name, ath, atv or any other attribute. Try the following examples:

Source code

<hotspot name="hs1" ath="0" atv="0" owner="John Doe" ... onclick="js(alert(get(name)))"/>
<hotspot name="hs2" ath="90" atv="0" owner="John Doe" ... onclick="js(alert(get(owner)))"/>