Newbie to krpano who needs pointing in the right direction

• Hello,

This is my first post here, so please point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place.

I've recently been experimenting with Google Spheres and an iPhone to take lots of pictures and have them stitched together. Out of all the phone-based software solutions I tried, this worked out to be the best.

I've successfully created a little interactive tour using hotspots, setting default views etc. However, I've a few questions, some of which may be plugin questions and some might end up being feature requests.

1. Is it possible to design a different icon to use for hotspots, and is there any information I can read about doing this? And can you have multiple hotspot designs in the same tour - like in some of the examples?
    2. Is it possible to have mouse-over hotspots, like in some of the examples, where you either click on it and it opens an image in a lightbox-like environment, or where using mouse-over "opens" a door so you get a glimpse of the room you're about to enter? For this questions I'm referring specifically to the opening scene of the "Vineyard" tour, example. See here .
    3. Is it possible to set the default orientation/view for a scene, dependent upon where you entered the scene from, rather than just a simple default view?
    4. Is it possible to have an overlay, like a floor plan, for each scene? I imagine I could have a different overlay image for each scene, where the overlay for that particular room was shaded so you knew where you were.
    5. I read about PTGui - is this something which adds extra functionality to krpano tools?
    6. Is Panotour Pro a more expensive all bells and whistles equivalent to krpano tools?

Many thanks,

Steve

• Yes to 1-4.
    It's hard to find things that are not possible with krpano that it is otherwise.

5. PTGUI creates the spheres from normal images and can do other things like hdr, and image remappings like photosphere to little planet. Nearly all professional virtual tour producers use this software.
    6. Panotour pro is a front end for krpano to help in using krpano. You can do everything and a lot more without it. But you have to learn everything. It's probably a good place to start if you're not a coder with 6 months free time to learn krpano. For basic tours there are some great easy droplets with krpano that do almost all the basics. Maybe start there first and see if you really need panotour pro.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!