Use button to change scene in tour.xml

• http://www.photographyoptions.net/images/southark/tour.html shows a campus tour that I am working on that has many scenes. I created a button to enable a jump to scenes from a satellite campus....Here is the code that I am using that doesn't work:

<layer name="skin_logo" url="skin/logo.png" scale="1.0" align="lefttop " />
    <layer name="East" url="skin/logo2.png" keep="true"
    scale="1.0" align="leftcenter" x="55" y="0" visible="true" onclick="scene_H2D_South_Arkansas_Community_College_East_Campus"/>

Is there a simple syntax to use in "onclick" to make a jump to a scene that is maybe 100 scenes "down the line?" *unsure* Thanks in advance!

Reggie

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Reggie (8. Mai 2015 um 04:25)

• Researched the forum and found this:

<layer name="East" url="skin/logo2.png" keep="true"
    scale="1.0" align="leftcenter" x="55" y="0" visible="true" onclick="loadscene(scene_H2D_South_Arkansas_Community_College_East_Campus,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));"/>

It works. If there is a better way or an alternative, I would be grateful to learn about it.

Reggie.

• So I see that the button now works to switch the scene, but it stays manifested on Bing Maps when you launch Bing Maps. Should I put the button in the vtour/skin.xml? Also, I noticed that when the scene is transported, the thumbs do not scroll to the appropriate place. Is there another command that I need to use to make that happen? Any advice would be appreciated.

Reggie

• Klaus,

Thank you for your kind response, but I have looked at your suggestion several different ways and can't figure out what you mean. Should I copy the skin_nextscene action from the skin.xml to the outer xml as an action associated with the button layer I have created called "east?" ...or should I take the button layer "east" out of the outer xml, put, it into the skin.xml and then associate the nextscene action with the button layer there? ...or should I somehow execute the nextscene action in the skin.xml w/o the button layer? with over 100 scenes in this tour the thumbs will not realign "center" when when a jump of 10 scenes or more is made....like it does when your automated hotspots are inserted. Moreover, the button layer as I have it now stays manifested on the Bing Maps skin when that is launched. Thank you in advance!

Reggie

• <layer name="skin_logo" url="skin/logo.png" scale="1.0" align="lefttop" onclick="loadscene(scene_A1A,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));"/>

uses the "onclick" event to return this tour: http://www.photographyoptons.net/images/southark1/tour.html to the initial scene in the tour.

The thumb border changes appropriately to the initial scene, but the thumbs won't scroll back. I have also put an "up carat" button into the toolbar below thumbs which uses the same "onclick" control to also return the viewer to the initial scene, but again, the thumbs don't scroll. Klaus has suggested looking at the skin_nextscene action in the skin.xml, but I have no idea how to execute that. I have tried to figure it out and am not having any luck. This all works so perfectly when inserting a hotspot using the automated tour editor....using a simple "linkedscene" variable. If there is anyone else out there that speaks idiot just like me, I would be grateful to hear from you! *confused*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!