krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 2

• Since the 1.19pre2 I've some errors as for instance :

Code
    ReferenceError : throw_ is not defined == ''

In fact it's into an action with a %1 parameter which is set to ''.
    For instance to reproduce :

Code
    <action name="action_one">
    action_two('');
    </action>
    <action name="action_two">
    if(%1 != '',
    );
    </action>

%1 seems to be "null"

Works only with :

Code
    <action name="action_two">
    if(%1 AND %1 != '',
    );
    </action>
  • Good morning,

Cool pre release, good idea and work !
    Iam on mac with the dmg package.

i've a problem when i use the MAKE VTOUR (normal and multires) droplet.

And i dont see the new skin with MAKE PANO (normal and multires).

Another thing :
    With a friend, a prodessionnal 3d designer we have tested the pre release 1 with the oculus DK2 with firefox and chrome. Not really good.
    Are you working on the oculus mode in the the VR SETUP ?

Sorry i've not undertand all.
    And thanks for your job !
    Damien

• Quoted from "ninerian"

Leider musste ich nach dem Einbau feststellen, dass sich die Position unserer Elemente stark verändert hat. Welche Veränderungen an der Positionsberechnung gab es seit der PR1?
    Ich wüsste jetzt nichts...
    Bitte um ein Beispiel.

Ich habe zwei Testcases erstellt.

http://diginetmedia.de/preview/krpano-pr1/
    http://diginetmedia.de/preview/krpano-pr2/

Der entsprechende XML Code ist:

• Hi,

Since the 1.19pre2 I've some errors as for instance :

Thanks for reporting, I was able to reproduce this.

The new expression parsers has some problems with such empty strings. The %X argument placeholders will be resolved via search&replace and in this case it resolves to nothing (no character) and this is problematic in the expression parsing.

I will look for solutions.

i've a problem when i use the MAKE VTOUR (normal and multires) droplet.

Quoted
    INFO: krpano 1.18.4 (build 2015-04-23)
    INFO: HTML5/Desktop - Firefox 37.0 - WebGL
    WARNING: unknown action: calc
    WARNING: unknown action: calc

It's not possible to use the 1.18 version with the new 1.19 xml features. The older version doesn't know anything about the new actions and xml features. Therefore these errors.

If you have updated/replaced an old example, this can also be simply a cache problem. In this case try to clear the browser cache.

With a friend, a prodessionnal 3d designer we have tested the pre release 1 with the oculus DK2 with firefox and chrome. Not really good.

How have you tested?
    With the special WebVR Chromium or Firefox-Nightly browser builds?
    And note - the WebVR API need to activated manually in both browsers! (check the instructions when downloading these browsers)
    Or have you tried to test using the MobileVR fake mode? (that would be wrong of course)

On Windows with the Chromium WebVR build and 75hz direct-mode with timewrap and low-persistent display mode, the VR viewing should be like in native VR applications.

Are you working on the oculus mode in the the VR SETUP ?

How do you mean that? I think that request doesn't make sense.
    The 'VR Setup' is for mobile devices. On desktop everything is handled automatically by the WebVR API from the browser.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Complicated issues I think linked to the "bundle" : videoplayer + gyro2 or videoplayer + webvr (with gyro2) on iPhone+chrome.

1)
    If I put a distorted picture spot on a panoramic video the gyro2 usage apply the rotation but the video spot is centered and doesn't move from center. In webvr mode the spot can also dissapear.
    With the old gyro(1) the spot move accordingly to the gyro "displacement".

2)
    When linking image panorama => video panorama => return to first image panorama, the gyro2 doesn't respond on the second load of the image panorama in standard mode and into the video panorama in webvr mode.

For these test, I use loadscene(%1, NULL, MERGE|KEEPMOVING, NOBLEND); in standard mode and loadscene(%1, NULL, NOPREVIEW|MERGE|KEEPMOVING, NOBLEND); for webvr mode.
    MERGE is not a good flag for this usage ?

Tested on iPhone6.

EDIT : Issue is on iPhone6 + chrome. On iPhone 6 + safari all works good.

EDIT : Nexus 5 test : if many videos a touch of the screen is requested to load a new video ... Android limitation ? So only one video in WebVR mobile tours ?

Edited 2 times, last by benji33 (May 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM).

• Hi Klaus,

big thanks for pre2!!!

i make two links: http://3dpre1.web-design-opelt.de/ and http://3dpre2.web-design-opelt.de/
    you can try 2d -panos, -virtual tours, -360° videos, and real 3d - panos :)

but, ich schreibe es mal auf deutsch, bei der pre 2 hängen nach einigen herumspazieren in virtuellen touren, das nachladen
    der weiteren panoramen, das war bei bir bei der pre1 nichr der Fall...

Best Regards Matthias

Tested these 2 interesting links on Nexus 5 and IPhone6

pre1 on iPhone 6 (safari) : all works
    pre1 on iPhone 6 (chrome) : all works without fullscreen
    pre1 on Nexus 5 (chrome) : second video need a touch on screen device go to black screen to preload it then go home and go again on the video to play it.

pre2 on iPhone6 (safari) : all works
    pre2 on iPhone6 (chrome) : gyro2 issue cannot access the panoramas or videos. As if hlookat vlookat was set to "0" and with gyro2 deactivated. without fullscreen
    pre2 on Nexus 5 (chrome) : first video is not working, need a touch on screen device to go to black screen to preload it, then go home and go again on the video to play it. One of the stereoscopic panorama return me a WebGL error.

• Ich konnte hier noch kein Problem nachvollziehen, aber bei der Pre-Release 2 wir im Falle eines Multires-Panos zu Beginn gleich der gesamte Level vollständig geladen um ein späteres Nachladen zu vermeiden (speziell am Desktop mit der Oculus Rift mit 75hz kann dies einen
    großen Unterschied ausmachen, da dort kleine Ruckler viel stärker
    auffallen). Dieses vollständige Laden könnte eventuell bei einer langsameren Verbindung oder einem stärker ausgelastetem Server eventuell aus 'hängen' empfunden werden, aber grundsätzlich es hier eigentlich keinen Bug geben...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus, es hat bestimmt damit etwas zu tun.
    Ich kann mit meinem iPhone6 das Problem jederzeit nachvollziehen, beim Desktop ist es beim Übergang in das nächste Pano sehr lahm, ich stelle mal das Testvideo auf mein facebook panomexico, bei der pre1 klappt es.

VG Matthias

• hello new to krpano I want to do VTour I board followed the tutorial but I insert the hotspot but when I save the VTour hotspot is not playing well and I change the vtour.xml I do not understand you can help me please

• Hey Klaus,

Curious how the new VR support release handles multi resolution (Gigapixel) panoramas? There is still a great need for this and to this date we have not seen a strategy for adding hyper-resolution GUI in to VR experiences.

• Hey Klaus,

1.19 prerelease for MAC download is not working. It downloads the very 50% very fast and then slows down and stops. I let it from for 4 hours. Also tried re-downloading in several times.

• Hey Klaus,

1.19 prerelease for MAC download is not working. It downloads the very 50% very fast and then slows down and stops. I let it from for 4 hours. Also tried re-downloading in several times.

I downloaded it 20 seconds, would you like to send it by file transfer ? Let us Klaus work and we can help each other with downloading ................

• Hey Klaus,

Dropped a a Gigapixel panorama 34GB .PSB file into MAKETOUR multi resolution 1.19 Pre Release and received the followed fatal error:

The machine I'm running has 48GB of RAM. Any ideas? Assuming it it saying I have "No space left on device (errno=28)" means it's using my start up drive only for the scratch disk space? If this is the problem how to set the scratch disk location to another drive?

• Hi,

Curious how the new VR support release handles multi resolution (Gigapixel) panoramas? There is still a great need for this and to this date we have not seen a strategy for adding hyper-resolution GUI in to VR experiences.

Multires panos are working in VR too.

As optimization to avoid any loading and image decoding during the VR viewing (because this can cause interrupts and disturb the VR experience) the multires-level that would best fit to the resolution of the VR headset will be fully pre-loaded when entering the pano or the VR mode.

Or if you do want to use VR as 'field glasses' / telescope to view giga pixel panos?
    That's currently not possible, but might be possible to implement. But generally that sounds a like a bad VR usage, especially in good VR headsets like the Oculus Rift. I've testd artificial fov values (zoom) in VR, but the results weren't usable.

Do you have some references or examples about such VR usage?
    e.g. native VR examples with zooming?

Please revisit the download page - I've added an option to choose between two download server: Either to download directly from the krpano server or from an Amazon CloudFront CDN server. The CDN is the default because normally that should be the faster one worldwide, but it seems at some locations CloudFront isn't working well...

Also note - when a download was broken, try the browser cache before retrying. Some browsers are bad/broken in this case.

The machine I'm running has 48GB of RAM. Any ideas? Assuming it it saying I have "No space left on device (errno=28)" means it's using my start up drive only for the scratch disk space? If this is the problem how to set the scratch disk location to another drive?

Set a custom 'tempdir' in the .config files :
    https://krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/config/#tempdir

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Another issue into the 1.19 pre-release2 due to the new expression parser.

In fact if into a project you have a varible with a name like this one "aaa-bbb_ccc" you can have issue with expression parser :

Demo :

Code
    set(aaa-bbb_cc, true);
    if(aaa-bbb_cc,
     trace('GOOD');
     trace('BAD");
    );

But due to the use of the '-' into expersion parser in the if test, there is no trace displayed !

So avoid "-" into var names :)

• Hi,

Code
    if(%1 != '',

The problem here is that the %N parameter placeholders will be replaced by their passed value, and in case of passing an empty string this will result in an invalid expression because there will be nothing on the left side of the comparisons.

The old version had an internal check for this case - when the expression was starting with an comparison operator, then automatically an empty string was added as the left side value.

Doing this again might be possible, but that would only work if the %1 was used as first parameter on the left side and might maybe be problematic for other expressions - I'm still checking this.

The best and correct solution for checking for an empty string would be writing the expression this way:

Code
    if('%1' == '', ...);

This work in the old and the new parser and is according to the specs/documentation that says that %N parameters will get replaced by their passed values.

Btw - the 'ReferenceError : throw_ is not defined' message in the HTML5 viewer is an error from the internal JS minimizer, normally there the message 'Invalid expression' should be shown there. This will be fixed in the next release.

Can someone please post a sample of how the “resetSensor(hlookat)” action of the WebVR works. There's doesn't seem to be any documentation on it.

It could be used this way (simplified code):

When normally the hlookat value should set the starting looking direction, then this way the current looking direction inside the headset could set forced also to that value.

So avoid "-" into var names :)

Right, that's a disadvantage of the new parser, but I think the new possibilities are worth it. Variables with operator characters in their name should be a rare case.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• hello
    I didn't read everything, yust want to know it will be also
    compatibile the web-vr for iphone, or how to activate?
    And, a observation, maybe you alredy know, in web-vr mode
    the crin go to lock after that time that is in the preference of the phone, I had set to my phone to 5 min when I 'm watching with the vr glasses. Exsample YUTUBE doesn't lock the screen while you are watching a video.
    it will be some anti-locking screen in the future?
    Best Regards
    Diego

• Given the limitations of mobile browsers (can't play a video without a tap event), is there currently a way to deal with multiple videos?

Use case example: a video gallery which is fully browsable within VR.

Thank you,

Andrea

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!