krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 2

• On the 1.19 pr 1 version, there was a way to edit the XML to use a left and right panorama for a true stereoscopic VR. Is there a way with PR 2 to "drag and drop" a stereoscopic version, or does that still have to be manually edited?

• Hi klaus.

Thanks for posing an example of how webvr.resetsensor works.

Sadly there seem to be something strange happening when I use this though. Let say for example I have a Tour with 2 images. Image one has no webvr.resetsensor set, and image 2 does, say a value of 45.

When on Oculus Rift (DK2), if I look at the hot spot to go from image 1 to image 2, image 1 will jump instantly to 45 degrees and about half a second later image 2 loads correctly as I set it.

So it seems the settings for the second image are effecting the first one when I select the hotspot to enter image 2.

Regards

James.

• hello, Klaus
    you are doing an great job, it's wonderful
    new opportunities are so good that I can not refuse them *thumbsup*

I have two questions for you on the 1.19 prerelease 2

1) check please, whether normally worked event onautosized textfield in Flash
    I was faced with the fact that under ntml5 everything works fine, and in the flash this event does not work

2) after the encryption I get error parsing under html5 on the desktop:

Code
    INFO: krpano 1.19-pr2 (build 2015-05-08)
    INFO: HTML5/Desktop - Firefox 38.0 - WebGL
    INFO: Registered to: Elena Markovsaya
    ERROR: ./skin/menu.xml - xml parsing failed!

on the iPad all work great
    I seems analogy with see forum

Best Regards
    Serge

• Having problems with the new parser.
    The following didn't work at all for empty arguments.

The best and correct solution for checking for an empty string would be writing the expression this way:

Code
    if('%1' == '', ...);

This work in the old and the new parser and is according to the specs/documentation that says that %N parameters will get replaced by their passed values.
    s

My code.

Test 1.
    set_fb_hs('param1','param2');
    param 3 not empty
    INFO: param 3 not empty
    INFO: param 3 empty

Test 2.
    set_fb_hs('param1','param2','');
    ERROR: Invalid expression: '' === ''
    ERROR: Invalid expression: === ''
    ERROR: Invalid expression: '' == ''
    ERROR: Invalid expression: == ''

Test3.
    set_fb_hs('param1','param2','-4lswlt28jdA/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAHxE/qs9lkUXRoIY');

INFO: krpano 1.19-pr2 (build 2015-05-08)
    INFO: Flashplayer WIN 17.0.0.188 PlugIn

• Is there a way with PR 2 to "drag and drop" a stereoscopic version, or does that still have to be manually edited?

As per Klaus' original post about PR2:

There is no tools/droplet support for handling the input of stereoscopic images yet. The usage of stereoscopic images need to be set-up manually in the xml at the moment.

So unless I misunderstand this is still coming.

• As per Klaus' original post about PR2:

So unless I misunderstand this is still coming.

can someone help me with the code in order to do this? I'm pretty code illiterate, but I was able to make it work with the PR1 simply by replacing images in the correct places. I can't seem to make this new version work.

Thanks!

• Hi,

I didn't read everything, yust want to know it will be also compatibile the web-vr for iphone, or how to activate? And, a observation, maybe you alredy know, in web-vr mode the crin go to lock after that time that is in the preference of the phone, I had set to my phone to 5 min when I 'm watching with the vr glasses.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Please 'read everything' and ask more specific.

it will be some anti-locking screen in the future?

That's not possible, there is no Browser API for locking the screen rotation yet. There exists a working draft for such feature (see here) but today no browser has implemented that functionally and when it comes to iOS and Apple it's more than skeptical if they would ever implement it. But as soon there as there will be a working and stable API, I will add support for that of course!

Given the limitations of mobile browsers (can't play a video without a tap event), is there currently a way to deal with multiple videos?

Currently not, but eventually it might be possible. Currently when a new video will be played, the videoplayer plugin creates internally a new html5 video object and removes the old one - this is done to avoid HUGE memory-leak bugs of several browsers (especially of Firefox and iOS) - and the new video requires again a new touch from the user to be able to be played. By reusing the video-object from the previous video it should be possible to play that without the need for a touch. I still need to do several tests and analyzing here, but maybe this can be enabled for some browsers (e.g. for Android Chrome).

Gyro2 and nadir/zenith arrow spots : the spot rotate with gyroscope movements. Not a urgent problem, just funny to see the rotation of the spot.

Do you mean when applying an inverse horizontal rotation to the nadir hotspot to keep the hotspot oriented with the viewing (like in the nadir-logo.xml example)?
    The reason therefore is that the internal gyro tracking works with Quaternions and only the final results will be converted back to Euler angles (hlookat,vlookat,camroll) and the same Euler angels can be represented in several ways.

But there is a simply solution in this case - instead of only using the hlookat value to get the hotspot rotation, use the hlookat+camroll - e.g. this way:

Code
    <events name="nadirlogorotation" onviewchange="if(hotspot[nadirlogo].rotatewithview, set(hotspot[nadirlogo].rotate, calc(view.hlookat + view.camroll)); );" />

Sadly there seem to be something strange happening when I use this though. Let say for example I have a Tour with 2 images. Image one has no webvr.resetsensor set, and image 2 does, say a value of 45. When on Oculus Rift (DK2), if I look at the hot spot to go from image 1 to image 2, image 1 will jump instantly to 45 degrees and about half a second later image 2 loads correctly as I set it. So it seems the settings for the second image are effecting the first one when I select the hotspot to enter image 2.

I know about this and this is also still in working. Once the previous pano is suspended, only relative movements are allowed to be applied and this make it's a bit complicated. A solution for the moment should be simply NOT using the KEEPMOVING flag, be the previous keeps still at it's previous position.

How to make the tour load by default in VR mode irrespective of mobile/desktop?

That will be never possible without any user interaction! Switching to VR mode also requires to switching to fullscreen mode and there is an user-interaction like a click or touch required doing that.

The right and only solution for switching to VR mode on startup would be some kind of 'intro-image' or 'intro-screen' (could be the whole screen) and to the click on that element on switch to VR mode.

1) check please, whether normally worked event onautosized textfield in Flash
    I was faced with the fact that under ntml5 everything works fine, and in the flash this event does not work

Sorry, I don't know about problems here, nothing has been changed here.

2) after the encryption I get error parsing under html5 on the desktop:

Here too - sorry, no known problems, there could be several reasons and they don't need to be related to the new version. Please use a separate thread with examples for this problem.

Having problems with the new parser.
    The following didn't work at all for empty arguments.

That should be fixed with the next release.

but I was able to make it work with the PR1 simply by replacing images in the correct places. I can't seem to make this new version work.

This works still the same and is definitely working. Please see here for the xml syntax for using stereoscopic images:
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Gyro2 and nadir/zenith arrow spots : the spot rotate with gyroscope movements. Not a urgent problem, just funny to see the rotation of the spot.

No in fact I've a static hotspot very near of the nadir and so when used with WebVR + Gyro2, the spot enter in rotation on gyroscope displacement so I can apply rotation to my spot (an arrow) with a displacement of the device gyroscope.

An other minor thing : if I destroy (with javascript unload and remove methods) the player (which is in webvr mode) then load a new player at same place (in webvr mode also) the iframe for the "webvr_localstorage" is created twice into the webpage.

• Hi, i'm an italian VR developer, congratulations for these amazing prerelease!

Thanks to this forum I solved all my problems on cardboard but in Oculus Rift with Chromium in Mac OSX i see a lot of latency, how can I get an experience with zero latency (or almost) in Oculus Rift (DK2) in Windows or Mac OSX? Which requirements must have the PC?

Thanks a lot!

• Hi,

No in fact I've a static hotspot very near of the nadir and so when used with WebVR + Gyro2, the spot enter in rotation on gyroscope displacement so I can apply rotation to my spot (an arrow) with a displacement of the device gyroscope.

Sorry, but I've no idea what you mean...
    Please post an example.
    Have you tried hlookat+camroll as mentioned above?

An other minor thing : if I destroy (with javascript unload and remove methods) the player (which is in webvr mode) then load a new player at same place (in webvr mode also) the iframe for the "webvr_localstorage" is created twice into the webpage.

Thanks, I will check this.

Btw - neither Javascript nor krpano have 'unload' and 'remove' methods!
    For correctly removing krpano the removepano() function would need to be called:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html/#removing

Thanks to this forum I solved all my problems on cardboard but in Oculus Rift with Chromium in Mac OSX i see a lot of latency, how can I get an experience with zero latency (or almost) in Oculus Rift (DK2) in Windows or Mac OSX? Which requirements must have the PC?

Use the Oculus Rift in 'Direct-Mode' - in this mode the Chromium WebVR browser is able to use all goodness of the Oculus Rift - 75hz rendering, timewarp and low persistence - and this results in a low latency.

The requirements of the PC itself would be the same as for all Oculus Rift applications, which basically means a good GPU.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I'm trying to make this work with Samsung Gear VR innovator edition for S6.

Using force I am able to press the phone (nearly) into place without connecting the USB, but it's not something I would recommend people to do. There is a chance something will break, and it's very obvious not the preferable solution.

Is there any simple way to bypass Samsungs autolaunch of the Oculus VR app, so the phone can be mounted and connected in a normal way?

Also, what is the recommended browser to use on Android?

• VR on mobile is using the whole screen, but thats not how websites in general are build. I need people to be able to navigate, view ads, reading text etc. On desktop this is usually solved with an iframe, and then visitors can click on fullscreen to get the full experience. Not so on mobile, where most browsers doesn't support fullscreen. The "flip screen to get VR" does not work either, as long as the VR content is inside an iframe.

Any ideas on how I should integrate VR on ordinary websites?

• Hi,

Hi, is there a way to check is settings have been saved in the html5 storage on not ?
    I would like to display the setting panel is the html5 storage is empty ;)

With the next release there will be a 'havesettings' setting and this could be used to check if settings were successfully loaded.

the first true 3D Tour is finished, i use the pre2 *smile*
    http://tulum3d.web-design-opelt.de

Looks great (tested with Oculus Rift DK2) but there some small stereoscopic problems - the distance between the capture camera was too large and so as results everything looks 'tiny' in VR ;-). And on some locations there is a vertical displacement between the left and the right image - this can be stressful to the eyes. The eyes are trying to correct the displacement, but when they do that the vr-cursor starts looking displaced, and when looking at the cursor the same happens in the opposite way.

Is there any simple way to bypass Samsungs autolaunch of the Oculus VR app, so the phone can be mounted and connected in a normal way?

So far I know there is no 'simple' way - either rooting and installing a special app for blocking or physically blocking the usb connection somehow.

Also, what is the recommended browser to use on Android?

At the moment the Android Chrome browser would be the recommended browser.

VR on mobile is using the whole screen, but thats not how websites in general are build. I need people to be able to navigate, view ads, reading text etc. On desktop this is usually solved with an iframe, and then visitors can click on fullscreen to get the full experience. Not so on mobile, where most browsers doesn't support fullscreen. The "flip screen to get VR" does not work either, as long as the VR content is inside an iframe. Any ideas on how I should integrate VR on ordinary websites?

That's only web-design related - e.g. use a thumbnail with a link to a full-sized pano for mobiles devices. Or on Android you could use the HTML5 fullscreen mode also from iframes (when adding the iframe allowfullscreen setting).

So this is stereoscopic? If it is, can you share the xml code you used to make it work? I can't seem to figure it out.

That's basically simple - please see here for the xml syntax:
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

You need to have two sets of cube images and they need to differ by some part in their filename. In the xml create an <image> element for the cube images and replace the part that is different with %t. And then add the 'stereolabels' setting and define there the name for the left and the right images:

Code
    <image ... stereo="true" stereolabels="1|2">
     <cube url="pano_%s_%t.jpg" />
    </image>

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This is the bit of code that's automatically generated from my tour.xml:

<image>
    <cube url="panos/Alobby.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" />
    <mobile>
    <cube url="panos/Alobby.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" />
    </mobile>
    </image>

So I would want to make it look like this?

<image stereo="true" stereolabels="L|R">
    <cube url="panos/Alobby-%t.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" />
    <mobile> <cube url="panos/Alobby-%t.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" /> </mobile>
    </image>

Is that correct?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!