krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 2

• Yes already reported. Prefer safari for krpano on iOS device.
    Nobody has Android Chrome issue since 43 version ?

This happens also on my iPhone 6+ with Safari. I guess it is the WebGL on iOS. Hope it will be improved with the upcoming iOS version later this year.

Quoted from "panomexico"

the first true 3D Tour is finished, i use the pre2 *smile*
    http://tulum3d.web-design-opelt.de

Looks great (tested with Oculus Rift DK2) but there some small stereoscopic problems - the distance between the capture camera was too large and so as results everything looks 'tiny' in VR ;-). And on some locations there is a vertical displacement between the left and the right image - this can be stressful to the eyes. The eyes are trying to correct the displacement, but when they do that the vr-cursor starts looking displaced, and when looking at the cursor the same happens in the opposite way.

"the distance between the capture camera was too large and so as results everything looks 'tiny' in VR"
    Can you explain more extensively?

Edited 3 times, last by ramirox3 (June 1, 2015 at 5:25 AM).

• Hi,

Seems that Chrome 43.0.2357.78 is bugged on Android devices.
    No more 360 videos with videoplayer.
    Is it a real Chrome issue or only in my case ?

Right, this Chrome version (currently available as Chrome Beta) breaks the WebGL video-texture support.

There is already a Chrome bug-report here:
    https://krpano.com/android/chrome-43-black-video-webgl/

Vote there for fixes from Chrome.
    From krpano side there is nothing to fix or to workaround.

This tour crashes the webgl on Chrome (LG G3) ?

I've tested the tour also on a LG G3 (with Chrome) but for me it was working fine...

This happens also on my iPhone 6+ with Safari. I guess it is the WebGL on iOS. Hope it will be improved with the upcoming iOS version later this year.

I haven't seen such yet, but yes, sometimes the gyro tracking isn't working on iOS and need an re-activating. This is an iOS bug, the browser simply stops firing the devicemotion events for some reason... When deactivating and re-activating the gyro (or the WebVR plugin) the devicemotion event listener will be removed and added again and when doing this the devicemotion event starts working again.

"the distance between the capture camera was too large and so as results everything looks 'tiny' in VR"
    Can you explain more extensively?

Image a miniature landscape - it looks miniature, because the distance between your eyes is relatively large compared to the sizes of the landscape. For VR the distance between the center of the lenses when shooting the left and the right images should be similar to the ipd (e.g. ~60mm).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello newby here,

With te new 1.19 version I have created a nice 360° photo tour with arrows, sound and everything. Awesome work Klaus.
    I used the krpano 1.19 Pre-Release VR Demonstration.

My question is:
    I was wondering if it would be possible to to create a tour with panoramic video? With arrows inside the video.

Thx,
    Matthijs

• Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the webvr plugin to display a before/after panorama

Yes - just use two panos and KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING|NOPREVIEW as loadscene() flags.

I was wondering if it would be possible to to create a tour with panoramic video?

Yes, it doesn't matter if the pano is an image or a video.

See here for the pano-video usage syntax:
    https://krpano.com/video/#xml

How can I add the HOME label between next/prev arrows?

That's just a hotspot, please see the xml of the included example for details.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Quoted from "jeromebg"
    I was wondering if it would be possible to use the webvr plugin to display a before/after panorama

Yes - just use two panos and KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING|NOPREVIEW as loadscene() flags.

Sorry if I haven't been clear...
    I mean dispay 2 panos side by side in synch mode, or split mode, not in VR mode ?

• Hi,

okay, you mean displaying two panos side by side without using two viewers, right?

Yes, that's possible, but that's not related to the WebVR plugin.

Enable the stereo rendering by:

Code
    <display stereo="true" />

and define a 'stereo' image - e.g. this way if your images are named 'pano1' and 'pano2':

Code
    <image stereo="true" stereolabels="1|2">
      <cube url="pano%t_%s.jpg" />
    </image>

The %t placeholder in the cube url will be replaced the labels in the stereolabels setting - '1' for the left image and '2' for the right image.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

That's a new feature right ?!

Yes, that's a new feature of the 1.19 version.
    Please read here at 'Stereoscopic rendering support (output side)':
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

And if I want to switch between synch view and split view like in this example (clic on the AB button middle screen) :

Yes, that would be possible too by using different stereoverlap settings:

• use stereooverlap="0.0" for a side-by-side display and
    • use stereooverlap="1.0" for a split-screen display.

The display.stereo and display.stereooverlap settings can be also changed dynamically at any time. That means it would be possible to switch anytime between these display modes (e.g. normal, side-by-side, split-screen).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the reply!

Now, i would like to add an image gallery to my VR pano that works like this:

- icon hotspot open a list of thumbnails,
    - focusing the eyes on a thumbnail enlarge relative image with top-right close button.

is possible in 1.19 pr2?

Thanks a lot!

• Ok, I gave a try to this new stereo rending feature, but I have some issues :
    It looks it doesn't work for multires right ?
    Works allright for normal pano, but the onloadcomplete doesn't work anymore when stereo is enabled.
    Switching between stereooverlap 0 and 1 works but is a bit long to react ?
    Here is my example : http://www.360images.fr/360/avantapres/before_after.html

• Hi,

Now, i would like to add an image gallery to my VR pano that works like this:

- icon hotspot open a list of thumbnails,
    - focusing the eyes on a thumbnail enlarge relative image with top-right close button.

is possible in 1.19 pr2?

Basically yes, but all elements would need to be build out of individual hotspots. Hotspots are the only elements that are supported in VR mode.

Ok, I gave a try to this new stereo rending feature, but I have some issues :
    It looks it doesn't work for multires right ?

No, multires is working of course.

but the onloadcomplete doesn't work anymore when stereo is enabled.

Normally it should, but I will check this again...

Switching between stereooverlap 0 and 1 works but is a bit long to react ?

It doesn't 'react long' ;-), there is only no automatic screen refresh after changing the setting.
    Call updatescreen(); after changing the display.stereo settings.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• No, multires is working of course.

I've updated the example with multires, but it stays blured ans doesn't load other tiles (I have no preview as <preview url="%t.tiles/preview.jpg" /> won't work ?)
    http://www.360images.fr/360/avantapres/before_after.html

Call updatescreen(); after changing the display.stereo settings.

Yeah, great , now this works perfectly !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!