krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 2

• Hi Klaus,

my user feedback :)

on my android + chrome, when i exit VR on landscape view, i stay zoomed, so no menu, no possibility to continu the experience, i need to restart.

In addition, when we are on vr mode, "eyes click" or gyro move are not interpreted by browser as an action, so mobile phone shut down after 15/30secs depend on mobile auto-shutodown configuration. Is it possible to counter this (like simulate a fake click all 5secs to stay active)?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my poor english ;)

• Hi Klaus

Are there specific reason why only skin_base is using CURRENTXML.

Code
    <!-- skin_base - the base skin image -->
    	<style name="skin_base" url="calc:'%CURRENTXML%/skin/' + skin_settings.design_skin_images" />

If not, is it possible that you make it with SWFPATH?
    <!-- skin_base - the base skin image -->
    <style name="skin_base" url="calc:'%SWFPATH%/skin/' + skin_settings.design_skin_images" />

Finalizing droplets for my new plugin (you will get it for review in 2 weeks) where code structure is changed in some cases. First XML is stored somewhere else and this makes my code design not compatible with 1.19+ as I rellay completely on your vtourskin.xml and other parts of the code.

• Hi,

yes, that will be changed in the next release.

The '%CURRENTXML%/skin/' was used there because when using 'calc:' in the url attribute, the automatic url path adjusting - to make the url relative to the xml where it was defined - wasn't possible.

The next release will use this code: (could be used also in the current pre-release)

Code
    <currentxml url="./" />
    <style name="skin_base" url="calc:currentxml.url + skin_settings.design_skin_images" />

There the relative url of the custom 'currentxml.url' variable will be adjusted and then later be used to calculate the correct path to the skin image.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    yes, that will be changed in the next release.
    The '%CURRENTXML%/skin/' was used there because when using 'calc:' in the url attribute, the automatic url path adjusting - to make the url relative to the xml where it was defined - wasn't possible.
    The next release will use this code: (could be used also in the current pre-release)

Code
    <currentxml url="./" />
    <style name="skin_base" url="calc:currentxml.url + skin_settings.design_skin_images" />

There the relative url of the custom 'currentxml.url' variable will be adjusted and then later be used to calculate the correct path to the skin image.
    Klaus

Tested and yes it is working fine now although it must be I am to tired to get the point. All images used for different designs are in same folder -> why dynamic ulr than other than e.g. %SWFPATH%/skin/' + skin_settings.design_skin_images" but there must be a catch I am sure.... Anyway your proposal is working also for use cases where start xml is not in root next to js but in some other folder which saves me at least several hours of redesigning the code structures, so many thanks this will be fixed in future versions. I am sure you have more important things so this is just a small help to me and all others where current xml path would make their code not working.
    *thumbup* regards and keep up the good work. Umalo

• Hi,

Did you imply that it must be in my code and it causes the hotspots in non-vr mode not to work?

I removed that line of code, and the hotspots work perfectly now!

That code is only a temporary optimizations of the krpano VR example and shouldn't be used in normal examples. That means these lines should be removed.

The hotspots rendering via WebGL that will be enabled with that setting is not finished yet and many hotspot-related features are still missing there - see here.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This is the code used for stereo panos, no multi-resolution panoramas:

<preview url="panos/apsc2_Left.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image stereo="true" stereolabels="Left|Right">
    <cube url="panos/apsc2_%t.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" />
    <cube url="panos/apsc2_%t.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" />

What should be the code when using multiresolution? I tried different combinations but none works

Ramiro

• Hi,

What should be the code when using multiresolution? I tried different combinations but none works

See here and click '+Multires':
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image

You could use the MAKE VTOUR (MULITRES) droplet to create automatically a multires image and the according xml for it.

For stereo images do this:

1. drop both images on the droplet
    2. edit the xml:
    3. remove the <scene> for the right pano
    4. add - stereo="true" stereolabels="Left|Right" - to the left pano
    5. replace the 'Left' label in the urls with %t

But note - in the current pre-release-2 the multires loading for stereo panos is partially broken (see a few posts above) - this will be fixed in the next pre-release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

As a Panotour Pro user, I never really looked at working with krpano directly and I am amazed about how easy it really is to create a basic tour with possibilities that PtP does not yet offer.

However, in a quick test tour that I made with 1.19 beta (https://virtualtours.nl/test/tour.html), I noticed that the tour does not show in stereoscopic view automatically when I click on the VR glasses symbol, on my phone. There is also no possibility to switch VR modes in the tour.

Even if the tour is monoscopic, it will still be necessary to view it in side by side view to be able to watch it in Cardboard or other vr glasses. How do I achieve this?

Pierre

• I'm just testing the 1.19r2 on an iPhone 5s. I want the screensize as default on 5.1 inch and not at 4.0. That is what he's auto-detecting. How can I change that in the code?

• Hi,

However, in a quick test tour that I made with 1.19 beta (https://virtualtours.nl/test/tour.html), I noticed that the tour does not show in stereoscopic view automatically when I click on the VR glasses symbol, on my phone. There is also no possibility to switch VR modes in the tour.
    Even if the tour is monoscopic, it will still be necessary to view it in side by side view to be able to watch it in Cardboard or other vr glasses. How do I achieve this?

The tour should already work as it is...
    After clicking the 'VR icon' on a mobile device just rotate the device to landscape (as the 'image' suggests)...

This will work the same for monoscopic and stereoscopic images.

If this doesn't work - what happens in your case what device are you using?

I'm just testing the 1.19r2 on an iPhone 5s. I want the screensize as default on 5.1 inch and not at 4.0. That is what he's auto-detecting. How can I change that in the code?

The iPhone 5s has a 4.0 inch display!

Changing the display size would be possible by the mobilevr_screensize setting, but that wouldn't make sense and wouldn't be recommended. The screen size is the base physical parameter for all other physical sizes (IPD, fov). When using a wrong screensize these sizes will also get wrong!

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The iPhone 5s has a 4.0 inch display!

Changing the display size would be possible by the mobilevr_screensize setting, but that wouldn't make sense and wouldn't be recommended. The screen size is the base physical parameter for all other physical sizes (IPD, fov). When using a wrong screensize these sizes will also get wrong!

Ok. Clear. But If I test on my Iphone 5s. It detects: Device: iPhone 5 / screensize: 4.0 inch, like you describe. But when I put it in my Cardboard I have to change the setting of the screensize to 5.1 (see image), otherwise the crosses don't overlap.

And when I open my tour-URL, I have to change this everytime. So I am looking for a solution, code-wise or another way... to change this. That I don't have to change the 'screensize' everytime. Hope you've got a solution.

Thanks!

• Hi,

your screenshot shows the pre-release-1 version - update all files to pre-release 2!

The screensize is the wrong parameter to adjust here - there are different cardboard headsets with different lenses and different lens-distances. The correct parameters to adjust this would be the IPD and the 'lens overlap' settings.

In the pre-release-2 there is a new overlap setting and a new preset for a different cardboard design (the new 'Cardboard A' preset would probably fit your headset better) and there are additionally some fixes that's are related to storing the VR settings.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, it does now. Don't know what was wrong earlier, but I can not duplicate the error anymore. I just saw the panorama in single image portrait mode. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Pierre

The tour should already work as it is...
    After clicking the 'VR icon' on a mobile device just rotate the device to landscape (as the 'image' suggests)...

This will work the same for monoscopic and stereoscopic images.

If this doesn't work - what happens in your case what device are you using?

• I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S6. When using Chrome, the Enter VR button doesn't show up on this device. Same with the latest Chromium WebVR build.

It does work:
    - When using Samsungs own browser (which I do not want).
    - On other devices (Samsung Galaxy Note 4, OnePlus One).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Samsung Galaxy S6, Chrome (left) and Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Chrome (right)

• Hi,

you did nothing wrong - Chrome blacklists the WebGL support on the Samsung S6 because its GPU is missing a feature that Chrome is relying on. And WebGL is a major requirement for VR.

You can try disabling that GPU blacklisting by enabling that Chrome setting:

Code
    chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist

See here the official bug report and the discussions from the Chrome developers:
    https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=476950

Here some other discussions about that topic:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/webgl/commen…s_webgl_issues/
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6-edge…chrome-t3080336

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!