krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 2

• Hi,

Why is that?

That bar is build out of two elements - the upper one is part of the thumbnail bar and the lower one part of the control bar. When opening the thumbnail bar, the upper element will move up (because simple moving an element is way faster than scaling).

The two elements are designed to overlap to get a seamless look when using drop-shadows or rounded edges. The overlap is defined in the <skin_settings> as controlbar_overlap setting. You can set it to 0 to avoid that problem.

The problem itself happens when using a custom fractional page or desktop scaling - the elements will be scaled by the browser and the final pixel-grid fitting is also done by the browser and how the browser scales the sizes and fits the elements, there can be either a gap or overlap between the elements.

Solutions could be:

• not using fractional page/desktop scalings
    • setting controlbar_overlap=0 (but then there would be a small optical error between the thumbbar and control when the thumbbar is open)
    • using a different layout/design

Is there any solution to workaround for the moment ? Maybe an alpha version of gyro plugin ?

Please contact me by mail about this.

Is there any known issue that makes a video getting stopped even it's a local video, on desktop device

No known ones, but maybe browser bugs...

should we be able to use bigger size videos like 4096 * 2048 px ?

Yes, but basically that depends on the system and the browser. The browser needs to is able to decode the video correctly and WebGL (your GPU) needs to support large enough texture sizes (in the most cases the max. texture size is 4096x4096, only a few older systems are limited to 2048x2048).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,
    Congrats for this marvellous plugin Klaus,

I have upload krpano 1.19 on a sdcard to be play on my smartphone Android ( chromium beta and nightly ) , and it doesn't work locally and I understand why, so is there a way to make it work without the server ?

Best regards
    Marco

• Hi Marco.
    Mozilla will run Krpano locally. I'm doing this for some KIOSK systems with out any issues.

Regards
    James.

have your try with krpano 1.19, because I need vr view .

Because with krpano 1.19 and mozilla I have this problem :

FATAL ERROR
    examples/webvr/krpano_vr.xml - loading failed!
    (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI:Access to restricted URI denied)

Someby can help me to solve this problem ?

thx James for your reply

Marco

• Hi Marco.

have your try with krpano 1.19, because I need vr view

Yes, it works perfectly. VR too.

FATAL ERROR
    examples/webvr/krpano_vr.xml - loading failed!
    (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI:Access to restricted URI denied)

Sorry I don't know why your seeing that. All I do is simple drag my images to the “MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet” and what it generates runs locally on any android device I've used so far. Well, so long as your viewing the content with Mozilla. It doesn't run locally under any other browser I've tested. Only Mozilla FireFox works locally.

Regards
    James

• Hi Marco.
    I've just written an Android app for storing and running one or more Virtual Tours locally. It supports the latest beta of Krpano with VR. Tomorrow I'll start a new thread and post a link to the download. If people find it useful I'll submit it to Google Play.

Regards
    James.

• Hello,
    I have a question about video, I would like to improve video Fps in Krpano on mobile phone moto G 4g.
    I make different video texture projection test in webgl.
    In threejs video and panoramic movement are fluid, and the same video in krpano video juddering, On my mobile phone moto G 4g.

In threejs :

http://vrvprod.fr/360/index.html

in krpano the left thumb with building :

http://vrvprod.fr/viewer/krpano.….xml&html5=only

How it's possible to improve fps ?

Thank-you VRV prod

• Hi Marco.
    I've just written an Android app for storing and running one or more Virtual Tours locally. It supports the latest beta of Krpano with VR. Tomorrow I'll start a new thread and post a link to the download. If people find it useful I'll submit it to Google Play.

Regards
    James.

Hello turbitt
    I contact you on mp

Marco

Edited once, last by bazevent (July 6, 2015 at 12:46 PM).

• I running a tour locally on Mac and windows Mozoilla, IE and it works fine. I've set up view limits as

<view hlookat="130" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="55" fovmin="45" fovmax="90" hlookatmax="50" hlookatmin="270" vlookatmax="-55" vlookatmin="70" limitview="range" />

If I run the same tour Locally on a Mac - latest OS/Window 7 64 bit using chrome, the view limits go nuts and I get very different results. If I run the tour from the internet it works as expected in Chrome.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Robert

• Hi,

I have upload krpano 1.19 on a sdcard to be play on my smartphone Android ( chromium beta and nightly ) , and it doesn't work locally and I understand why

The Chrome browser engine doesn't allow loading local (file://) urls by default. You need to use an other browser (e.g. Firefox) or a special Chrome-based app where the 'allow-file-access-from-files' Chrome setting is enabled.

I noticed something strange in some web browsers.

Why is that?

About that topic again - as said a few posts before this happens when using a fractional Windows-or webpage-scaling/zoom - e.g. zoom settings like 110% or 125% and so on.

For the next release I've added a special pixel-grid-fitting that would automatically avoid such problems in the most cases.

How it's possible to improve fps ?

Sorry, I don't have a Moto G 4g, but I've tested now with Note 4 and LG G3 and there seems to be no performance difference. The krpano example is rendering at the full device resolution while ib the threejs example the webgl canvas seems to scaled only to the css size (no use of devicepixelratio) and this means there are fewer pixels to render/to draw and this can cause a performance difference on slower devices of course.

Currently it's not possible to force krpano using a lower rendering resolution, but I'm already considering settings for that.

<view hlookat="130" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="55" fovmin="45" fovmax="90" hlookatmax="50" hlookatmin="270" vlookatmax="-55" vlookatmin="70" limitview="range" />
    If I run the same tour Locally on a Mac - latest OS/Window 7 64 bit using chrome, the view limits go nuts and I get very different results. If I run the tour from the internet it works as expected in Chrome.

The reason are invalid viewing range limits. The min values should be smaller than the max values!

The reason why it behaves differently in different browser, is that some browsers need to use Flash locally (e.g. Chrome) and others HTML5 and the krpano Flash and krpano HTML5 viewer are correctly invalid viewing limits differently - the Flash viewer corrects only invalid vertical limits while the HTML5 viewer automatically corrects invalid horizontal and vertical limits.

I've changed that now for the next release - then the krpano Flash viewer will also automatically correct invalid (swapped) hlookatmin/hlookatmax settings.

I've started a new thread for the Android App now that it's available to download.
    Pano Runner - Android App for Krpano

Regards
    James.

*thumbsup*

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    I've got a simple question (I searched a lot but I couldn't find any solution on this topic):
    I'm developing (1.19 pr2) some virtual tours for cardboard, but when I enter in VR Mode the smartphones that I tested do not go into fullscreeen, and the address bar is always visible.
    How can I fix it?
    Is there some example code that can study?
    (for both Android and iOs)

Thank you so much for the awesome job made for krpano.

Valerio

• Hi VVZen.
    What are you developing the cardboard apps with?

If your only using the html files Krpano generates with an internet browser you have installed on your device, then you can't hide the address bar in iOS because Apple don't allow it. The only way to force full screen on iOS is to write an App.

On Android, Chrome or Mozilla will work fine.

Regards
    James

• Hi!
    Thanks for your interest, Tubbritt.
    I'm using the krpano 1.19 pre-release 2.
    So on iOs I need to find a way to embed all of the html inside of an app.

But on Android (chrome) I still cannot toggle the fullscreen.. here's a small example:
    http://yaskebasi.it/virtual_tours/reggiacaserta_vr/tour.html
    Probably it's my fault.. any hints?
    Where could it be the error, in the tour.xml or webvr.xml?

• Hi VVZen.

The link you provided is only a simple html page that contains a frame which links out to the true URL of the tour.html. This frame is the direct cause of your problems. If I bypass your frame and go to the true location of your tour.html, everything works perfectly.

I would suggest you use an iframe instead.

Regards
    James

• Many thanks!
    Excuse me if I sound silly, but which is the frame that you're talking about?

(the html page is the one automatically generated by krpano droplets)

And which is the true location of my tour.html, and how did you manage to bypass it?

How could I practically resolve this?
    Thank you so much for the patience, I know it's a lot of questions (and maybe this is not the place).
    *squint*

VVZen - 3d generalist getting into the VR world

yaskebasi.it

Edited once, last by VVZen (July 10, 2015 at 5:02 PM).

but which is the frame that you're talking about?
    the html page is the one automatically generated by krpano droplets)

The one in the link you posted above. Krpano didn't generate that.

This code specifically....

Code
    </head>
    <frameset rows="100%,*" cols="100%" frameborder="no" framespacing="0" border="0">
    <frame name="XYZZY2" scrolling="auto" src="http://yasjater.altervista.org/virtual_tours/reggiacaserta_vr/tour.html" noresize>
    <frame name="XYZZY" scrolling="no" noresize>
    <noframes>
    <h1><a href="http://yasjater.altervista.org/virtual_tours/reggiacaserta_vr/tour.html">http://yasjater.altervista.org/virtual_tours/reggiacaserta_vr/tour.html</a></h1>
    <p><a href="http://yasjater.altervista.org/virtual_tours/reggiacaserta_vr/tour.html">Clicca qui</a> per vedere la versione senza frames.</p>
    </noframes>
    </frameset>

[align=left]

And which is the true location of my tour.html, and how did you manage to bypass it?

[align=left]As you can see from your own html code above, that's the true location of the file Krpano generated.
    [align=left][color=#0000ff][size=10][font='Consolas']

Code
    http://yasjater.altervista.org/virtual_tours/reggiacaserta_vr/tour.html

[align=left][color=#000000]

How could I practically resolve this?

[align=left][color=#000000]If it were me, I'd use an iframe.
    [align=left]Regards
    James.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!