krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 2

• Thank you very much Tubbritt!
    You really saved me. *w00t*
    I think the fault is of the cloaking made by the hosting (yasjater.altervista.org --> yaskebasi.it) that adds this frame to the page.
    I must investigate this, but I'm pretty sure it's something related to it.
    Still, thanks a lot.
    Namastè.

• <layer> does not work, I noticed in this thread only <hotspot> works in VR, so I could hack that.
    Even though the hotspot in VR does not like "url=myinfo.png ", but instead relies on a style being defined..

Anyway, turning this hacked hotspot on and off proves diffcult, this does not work:

<hotspot name="popupimage" style="skin_myinfopanel" ath="190" atv="5.652" visible="false" />
    <hotspot name="spot1" style="skin_hotspotstyle" ath="180" atv="5.652" onclick="set(hotspot[popupimage].visible,false);" />

Any tips ?

thx.
    Sander

• Hi,

Even though the hotspot in VR does not like "url=myinfo.png ", but instead relies on a style being defined..

That doesn't matter - the url can be defined directly or via style - the result will be the same,

but make sure to add - distorted="true" - because only distorted hotspots are currently supported in stereo rendering mode.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus, thank you very much for your ongoing efforts in making Krpano the best 360-3d-multimedia-video-panorama visualizer there is, I would say I'm really surprised at all the newest improvements if I wasn't already used to them.

I would like to know if the final release of Krpano 1.19 will allow the use of textfield hotspots and/or textfield layers in VR mode. They would be really useful to let the user know where is he heading before going into a new scene through a hotspot. An example of this happens in the Orbulus android app which you can see in this image here: http://bit.ly/1e4WU8L

Thanks a lot.

Alberto.

Edited 2 times, last by nautama (July 17, 2015 at 5:56 PM).

• What do you mean by automatically correct ? I've never seen anything about the min s/b less than the max. What would the correct settings be that would give the same left to right, right to left limits?

Robert

• Hi,

I would like to know if the final release of Krpano 1.19 will allow the use of textfield hotspots and/or textfield layers in VR mode. They would be really useful to let the user know where is he heading before going into a new scene through a hotspot. An example of this happens in the Orbulus android app which you can see in this image here: http://bit.ly/1e4WU8L

I'm working on text support for hotspots of course. The problem is when using the real WebVR API only WebGL content is visible, so the textfield hotspots need to be a WebGL texture - but it's not possible to render a HTML content (like text) into a WebGL texture. So a solution a manual html+css parser+canvas renderer need to be used for the text. This is complex and inefficient and can only have limited HTML/CSS of course.

The best solution for the moment would be using an image with the text, but as said text support is in the work (but it will not be ready in the next prerelease).

The crop on the image of buttons is not made.

Do you have a more detailed explanation or a screenshot?
    For me the links are looking fine.

What do you mean by automatically correct ? I've never seen anything about the min s/b less than the max. What would the correct settings be that would give the same left to right, right to left limits?

With automatically correct I mean that the viewer will check if the min value is larger than the max value and then automatically swap the both.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

We are building our first Oculus Rift Panoramas, and all works nice. Many thanks for this, krpano is really becoming a master in 360° !

Anyway, I'm a bit confused regarding VR interfaces.
    I have my desktop UI with hotspots, textfields etc, ok
    I design a VR UI, actually without textfields but only hotspots (fake one instead of textfields due to actual limitations).

My problem is that, enterVR() actually hide all my desktop UI with action webvr_hide_all_non_vr_layers. ok
    But then, both desktop AND vr UI are visible.

I can override this with settings webvr plugin in each scene instead of in krpano tag, with some action that show/hide my vr UI.
    Basically:

But it is a lot of headaches ...

So, is there a way to activate globally a desktop UI only, then the vr UI only, etc ?
    We have webvr_hide_all_non_vr_layers in webvr.xml
    Should we write our owns webvr_hide_all_vr_layers ?
    How do you handle management of both UI, only one at same time depending on vr mode or not ?

Some mobile devices (e.g. very often the Samsung S5) have uncalibrated gyroscope sensors and this is causing a constant unindented moving called 'drifting'.
    The WebVR plugin and also the webvr.xml are offering now a possibility to calibrate the gyroscope sensor to avoid that drifting.
    The calibration itself would need to be done only once and will be stored together with the other VR headset settings in a cross-domain HTML5-localstorage.

Hi, Klaus, regarding this drifting phenomenon, I would like to point out that before getting into the VR world I have never had this problem with the gyroscope plugin in any tour in the devices I have used (iPhone 4s, Galaxy S4, ipod 4 and ipad 3), so why is it happening now?. I should also say that I don't know why but the calibration is not saved in the devices I have used (iPhone 4s and Galaxy S4), other parameters like device and screen size are being correctly saved but not gyroscope calibration. Its a bit akward to have the user calibrate this everytime he or she wants to navigate the VR tour. Thanks!

Alberto.

• Hi,

So, is there a way to activate globally a desktop UI only, then the vr UI only, etc ?
    We have webvr_hide_all_non_vr_layers in webvr.xml
    Should we write our owns webvr_hide_all_vr_layers ?
    How do you handle management of both UI, only one at same time depending on vr mode or not ?

That's basically fully custom - you can use the onentervr event to show your custom VR UI and the onexitvr event to hide it again.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

regarding this drifting phenomenon, I would like to point out that before getting into the VR world I have never had this problem with the gyroscope plugin in any tour in the devices I have used (iPhone 4s, Galaxy S4, ipod 4 and ipad 3), so why is it happening now?

That's nothing 'new' that happens 'now'. Some devices just have broken/uncalibrated gyroscope sensors that are slowly drifting. In normal gyro usage that's not that noticeable but in VR mode where everything is magnified even more.

In my case I've only one test device with a drifrting gyroscope (a Samsung Galaxy S5).

ther parameters like device and screen size are being correctly saved but not gyroscope calibration

The gyroscope calibration parameters were saved of course!

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks a lot for your dedicated response, Klaus! I don't really know what's going under the hood of the gyroscope-WebVR funcion, I just noticed that on a normal tour I never actually see the image drifting (or haven't seen it) in any way, so that came as a surprise. Also I thought gyroscope calibration wasn't being saved because every time I reload the tour I'm in the need of recalibrating it again, sometimes it drifts very fast, sometimes very slow, sometimes to the right and sometimes to the left. It's a hazy mystery hehe, and I get from your response that maybe there's not much I can do about it.

Thank you very mucho, amigo!

Alberto.

• Hi,

i'm trying to change some values of the VR menu within the krpano_vr.xml :

Code
    <style name="vr_menu_style" depth="800" scale="0.2" distorted="true" ath="0" atv="75" alpha="0.25" visible="false" />
    <hotspot name="vr_menu_bg"   style="vr_menu_style" keep="true" zorder="5" url="black.png" width="600" height="120" onover="vr_menu_over();" onout="vr_menu_out();" handcursor="false" />
    <hotspot name="vr_menu_home" style="vr_menu_style" keep="true" zorder="6" url="texts.png" crop="0|95|280|100" onover="vr_menu_over(); delayedcall(0,tween(alpha,0.75,0.1));" onout="vr_menu_out();" startupxml="" onloaded="copy(startupxml, xml.url);" vr_timeout="1000" onclick="vr_menu_loadhome();" />
    <hotspot name="vr_menu_l"    style="vr_menu_style" keep="true" zorder="6" url="texts.png" crop="302|92|100|100" ox="-48" onover="vr_menu_over(); delayedcall(0,tween(alpha,0.75,0.1));" onout="vr_menu_out();" vr_timeout="700" onclick="nextscene_loop(-1);" />
    <hotspot name="vr_menu_r"    style="vr_menu_style" keep="true" zorder="6" url="texts.png" crop="392|92|100|100" ox="+48" onover="vr_menu_over(); delayedcall(0,tween(alpha,0.75,0.1));" onout="vr_menu_out();" vr_timeout="700" onclick="nextscene_loop(+1);" />

When changing the height-value of the "vr_menu_bg" the height changes as desired. But when changing the width of the "vr_menu_bg" nothing happens ( line 2 ) ?
    Now i'm doing it with a higher scale-value ( line 1 ) and a lower height-value to make it wider. BUT with a wider vr_menu_bg there are problems with the recenter-function of the menu - see below.

Also:
    If i try to push the hotspot "vr_menu_l" more to the left with changing the ox value from -48 to -88 ( line 4 ) -> It's getting difficult to get this button "pressed" with the headset on - because the VR menu is trying to recenter itself to soon. Are there some setting to change the "reset-area"?

Edited 9 times, last by suppenhuhn (July 30, 2015 at 11:23 AM).

• Hello

i have litte Problem, i try open "offline" VR tour on my iPhone 5s, (when i want storage tour on my phone i use program Goodreader). From Time to time when Network is out then Offline Tour is only way to show customer - "how its works"

Normally it works fine, but when i switch to VR mode then after two or three Pano image is lock up. i can only exit VR mode. then come back and after two or three Panos image is lock up again.

Is there any way to solve this Problem?

Tom

Edited once, last by torentvr (August 1, 2015 at 10:49 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!