You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jeromebg

Professional

• "jeromebg" started this thread

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 11:29pm

Android app with Krpano inside !

Hi,
I finally made my own android app to embed the awesome new krpano webvr feature !
You can give it a try here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai…0images.parisvr

Thanks a billion time Klaus for your SO GREAT work, I just LOVE KRPANO !!!

Tell me how it works on you devices ?

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 3:10am

I dont own an android device.. But what's the benefit of an app over a website? I do need something soon!
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Red

Trainee

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 3:22am

Hey Jerome,

Just want to inform the app doesn't enter VR mode. All of the VR navigation elements are there but it doesn't switch to left and right eye view. Is Cocoon JS used as the app wrapper by any chance?
Viewed on Galaxy S5 with Android 4.4.2.

Cheers
Red

Red

Trainee

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 3:56am

Sacha,

I guess one of benefits, particularly in regards to having a VR app, is that it eliminates the darned screensaver/dimming feature kicking in when viewing through the browser. That and it also has the ability to maintain fullscreen view even when exiting VR mode, essentially hiding the device's status bar and browser address bar at all times.

Also great if an offline solution is required and loading times are quicker. The only issue is downloading large tour apps. With 360° video included it can run into gigabytes. I personally don't like the wait or space usage which of course is the beauty of krpano being able to deliver a tour instantly in a browser.
That said, it's ideal for a client who requires an offline solution for a group devices/headsets in order to offer a seamless experience between and not rely on internet speeds, bandwidth considerations, etc.

andrew22222

Intermediate

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 5:55am

Nice one Jerome,

I checked it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I have no 3d hardware but the 360 did load and there was also the button on the bottom right to choose the other available 360's. Hotspots worked also. Looks like it's not multires but hey it's better than nothing *thumbsup*

As Red mentioned there was no VR mode but there was an option at the start to choose the 3d hardware which looked pretty cool.

I also tried to install it on my small crappy android phone but it's not compatible. The phone is only good for calls and general browsing so no surprises there.

Cheers,

Andrew

jeromebg

Professional

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 9:04am

Thanx for trying the app guys.
Tony when you rotate the screen to landscape you don't have the dual view ?
What is the version of your Android System WebView app ?
Sacha the 2 main benefits are avoid screensaver and playsound without user interaction !
It's also a good solution for viewing a tour without internet connexion...

Red

Trainee

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 10:04am

Looks like it's a WebView issue. 4.4.2 Kit Kat seems to have version 30 inbuilt, which doesn't support WebGL. It also can't be updated manually as it's built into the system. Can't even update the Kit Kat due to carrier not releasing updates.

Not sure what tools you're using to wrap the app but if it relies on the Android System WebView and what version it has, this can pose compatibility issues even with quite recent devices such as the one I've just had.
There are a couple of wrapper options that includes its own WebView component when building the app. As long as it's WebGL friendly then there's a chance for less compatibility issues.

jeromebg

Professional

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 10:23am

Thanx Tony, you're right, didn't noticed that webgl wasn't supported before webview 36...
Going to have a look to crosswalk project for better compatibility !

Red

Trainee

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 10:57am

Jerome,

Who's Tony? You mean Tony Redhead? That's not me. *g*
Yeah Crosswalk seems to do nicely. The only issue I'm having with it is 360 video playing in VR. The sound plays but no image. Trying to get my head around why but probably a limitation of Crosswalk or the wrapper.

jeromebg

Professional

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 10:58am

Oups sorry, thought it was Tony as you're located in Australia...

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 11:30am

Congratulations.

*thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 12:10pm

Same problem here, unable to enter VR mode, on 4.4.2. But the panoramas look great. Looking forward for a fix soon. *thumbup*
Did you build this using Phonegap?

jeromebg

Professional

Saturday, May 23rd 2015, 9:58am

Ok I've uploaded a new version for android devices prior lolipop (without webgl support in their webview app).
So now if you go on the play store and you don't have a lolipop android version it should propose you to download the app with a webview supporting webgl inside ;)

Oh yes, I've added the possibility to change the gyro settings to, so now you can choose your gyro mode according to your device !

Let me know if it works as it should ?

Red

Trainee

Sunday, May 24th 2015, 3:23am

At this stage, when trying to download from the Play Store it states "Your device isn't compatible with this version". There's no link to download/install and there's no prompt to download another version.

jeromebg

Professional

Sunday, May 24th 2015, 10:42pm

OUPS, my fault, just forgot to click on "PUBLISH" for the new version...
I'm very new with Google Developer Console ;)

Red

Trainee

Monday, May 25th 2015, 3:06pm

Still having the same issue downloading Jerome. Device isn't compatible with the app version. I've refreshed the Play Store but still no go. But if nobody else is having issues it may be something jammed on my phone.

jeromebg

Professional

Monday, May 25th 2015, 4:39pm

Still having the same issue downloading Jerome. Device isn't compatible with the app version. I've refreshed the Play Store but still no go. But if nobody else is having issues it may be something jammed on my phone.

Thanx for trying Red, what version of android do you have ?
The min version needed is 4.4 (KitKat)

andrew22222

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 26th 2015, 6:33am

There may be something wrong with the package?

I just uninstalled the app and then went to the play store and re downloaded it. Came down ok but each time I try to use it I get a small pop up saying

Quoted

Unfortunately Paris VR has stopped

Report OK
This in on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 running Android 4.4.2

Red

Trainee

Tuesday, May 26th 2015, 11:36am

Running 4.4.2 on Galaxy S5. Don't even get as far as Andrew. It just states "your device isn't compatible with this version" with no option to download/install.

Bencheci

Beginner

Monday, February 8th 2016, 9:18pm

Android App, webvr button is not showing

Hi, I have an android application that doesn't show "Enter VR", even after including libraries webvr.js, webvr.xml, cursor... and textfield.swf
Firefox Browser runs ok
Chrome: krpano.xml - loading failed

Please help

Thank you