• Hi *smile*

I did an automatic tour for a client, and painstakingly sequenced voiceover to go with it, as 1 long track. Now i know I could have put voiceover tracks in each panorama, but I had background music playing with it too, so did I it as 1 long track.

The problem is when I play it on screensizes with different resolutions, i.e. widescreen, the voiceover goes out of sequence to the actions programmed in the tour. I put this down to maybe pan coord's being reached earlier on larger resolutions than smaller, thus making the tour run quicker. Is this the correct prognosis ?

Also I have buttons appear vertically on the right hand side and thumbnails along the bottom. On widescreen monitors which are particularly short in height the buttons overlap the thumbnails. So i tried doing % on the 'y' position, but this does not work. The problem I think is also the buttons are circular so if the height is reduced the width has to as well. I also placed buttons as children of an invisible plugin, to see if they would scale together, and this did not work either. Any suggestions on how to scale the vertical buttons according to screen height. I guess that if I was making all in flash rather than xml this would be easier to fix.

As always advice is really really appreciated.

Many thanks,

tom

p.s. wish I could show the tour but its for a corporate client and I've signed a privacy agreement, but I will happily make an example when I get more time.

• Hi VN2009,

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on this - I dont think it is possible to fix, so plan B is to make a movie of it, I bought a program called 'fraps' and although promising at the start, I think the tour uses up too much power, to run the recording as well, as the smooth movements start to jerk, and the voice sequencing goes out of time again. I am currently thinking of a plan c *wink* I hope when its all finished, the company will consider to also put on there website, as I am very grateful for all the help and advice on this forum, and I believe the best way to thank people here for there advice is to show them what they have helped me achieve.

Best wishes,

tom

• Hi,

a constant framerate or accurate timings can't be guaranteed in Flash,
    it depends on how much the flashplayer must calculate/render and the power of the cpu,

so syncing sounds and timed events is not really possible...

see here for more informations:
    http://www.kaourantin.net/2006/05/frame-…ash-player.html
    http://onflash.org/ted/2005/07/fl…del-elastic.php

the only solution I can image would be to use the "oncomplete" event of the playing sound,
    e.g. after a sound was played, start the next action and so on...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!