krpano Video + current Position in Google Maps

• I don't think it exist as plugin but if device that is capturing the frames able to export data (long, lat, time, heading) than it is not so complicated to make video interface able to draw your position on the map based on active frame position. I have done some testing already:

Link to demo: http://goo.gl/mkkC62
    I think adding small point on the map as all frame representation where you cold click and "jump" to exact video frame would be just additional add on....

• I don't think it exist as plugin but if device that is capturing the frames able to export data (long, lat, time, heading) than it is not so complicated to make video interface able to draw your position on the map based on active frame position. I have done some testing already:

Link to demo: http://goo.gl/mkkC62
    I think adding small point on the map as all frame representation where you cold click and "jump" to exact video frame would be just additional add on....

Dear Mr. Umalo,
    Your testing is almost what I wants to do in my project. Can you share me the source code of the same. I have a video footage and corresponding GPS file with me. You need not hesitate to claim a price for the source code.
    Thanking you
    Trinath

• It's very simple. I did something like this a few years ago, but I cannot find the example (I'll try again).

Ok. I've found 2 examples (but no final example with google maps). Examples are very old (made in 2011 - I would do it in different way today)

Example 1:
    http://ai360.pl/projekty/gps/tour.html

Example shows series of points making GPS track. Each point can be active and can be link to specified point in video file. GPS track is based on data in this file: http://ai360.pl/projekty/gps1/gps.xml. Video was not attached.

Example 2:
    http://ai360.pl/projekty/gps1/

Video integrated with gps file. There is still image instead of Google Maps (the rule is the same). Blue marker moves while video plays. project is based on the same gps file (http://ai360.pl/projekty/gps1/gps.xml).

This example is not effective (but still works). Today I would do it without iteration and comparison.

Example 3:
    http://ai360.pl/projekty/gps2/
    I couldnt find complex example so I created one. It's just a few lines of code. GPS data file was a little bit modified. Now it looks like this: http://ai360.pl/projekty/gps2/gps_mod.xml. In fact there are only 3 important atributes (name included time, lat, lng). Everything else (speed, heading, distance) can be caltulated. You need interface with speedometer, distance counter, route tracker - no problem - everything can be done.

I hope you enjoy (GPS coords are real)

• Dear Mr. Umalo and panomaster,

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

Umalo -> I will mail my GPS file. I am trying to find a way to share my video file. ...Thanks again for prompt response.

Panomaster-> I have gone through all the three examples. Still exploring them all. Thanks again to spare your time and efforts to create them for me.

Before requesting you both to help me in creating code for me I want to clear my self once again to confirm that "what I want to create in my project". So that I can minimize your efforts in helping me. Also I may have to practice a bit more in krpano working environment before troubling you all members.

Basically I am a photographer. I am a bit poor in computer and internet environment. Please bare with me.

Trinath

• Dear all,

I have shared the video and GPS file at the following link. Please download for exploring.
    Video file is in .mp4 format and GPS is in .gpx format.

(copy below link and paste in browser address bar to download the file)

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/NKDhlV1W/file.html

What I want is..

1.) while playing the 360 degrees video, the google or bing map panel should show the entire GPS track while showing a radar at the active position on map corresponding to the current frame of the video footage. If possible clicking on the GPS track any where on the map, the video should seek to the corsponding position along with the changing radar position on the map.

2.) while playing the 360 degrees video, the linked image map (may be a Geo referenced / Geo taged) should show the entire GPS track while showing a radar at the active position on image map corresponding to the current frame of the video footage. If possible clicking on the GPS track any where on the image map, the video should seek to the corresponding position along with the changing radar position on the image map.

Help me...

Trinath

Edited once, last by trinathm (December 24, 2015 at 11:02 AM).

• - I don't know how to make GPS track but added all points to the map to have feeling like you see complete track
    - You are missing heading data (radar can't be in sync with video)
    - You have many duplicated entries for lat/lng (check your device and export data)
    - If possible increase precision to at least 6 digits (think you can have 1m offsets now)
    - Not coded video sync in case of click on mappoints but you can seek video and map is syncronized with video again.

Link to online version: Link

regards
    Umalo

• Good thinking but this is only partially correct:

- If that would be normalized than simple bearing calculation would be useful.
    - When you "jump" to one position in video and take GPS to update map you don't have previous map reference as solid point as it could be any in the array.
    - Even if above could be solved, I saw many exports from similar devices and in most cases users were able also to provide heading data so why not exporting it in first place

regards
    Anton

• Quoted from "Umalo"

1.)- I don't know how to make GPS track but added all points to the map to have feeling like you see complete track
    2.)- You are missing heading data (radar can't be in sync with video)
    3.)- You have many duplicated entries for lat/lng (check your device and export data)
    4.)- If possible increase precision to at least 6 digits (think you can have 1m offsets now)
    5.)- Not coded video sync in case of click on mappoints but you can seek video and map is syncronized with video again.

Dear all,

Sorry for the delay...

Thanks a lot for putting your efforts for me...

1.) Is adding all points easy? If I may have to add hundreds of points for a single map to have feeling like to see complete track, is there a simple method?
    2.) I will check for missing heading data. It may take some time for me to understand the GPX track file.
    3.) I will try to remove duplicated entries. Or at least try to increase the distance between points.
    4.) I will try to increase precision to more decimal digits.

I will check my device for options to record the heading data along with Lat, Lon data.

All together I will take up the project right from the scratch (recording video along with GPS track, stitching 360 degrees video, .....) and export the data for your kind co operation.

Please bare with me...

Trinath

• "Adding points" is done in similar way like they are usually added by Klaus method of adding mappoints, only in this case we read data from our own source not scene definition data. So, basically yes this is easy, although I think you should think on this again. Adding thousand of point could become performance issue. Have tested this on one project with 1900 points and I had feeling viewer was struggling to handle them all. We can try....let me know when you have antoher set of data for me.

• Dear all,
    <Klaus method of adding map points> I do not know what is this. (In fact I am dumb and duff in this field)

I will generate another set of data within in a week or so. People are busy with new year eve.

Trinath

• I have been adapting panomaster's demo for playing out an mp4 video with GPS co-ordinates coming from a drone. We are interested in creating a UI whereas the video along with timeline and controls is displayed and the relevant GPS points are shown within a Google Maps container. Everytime the timeline is dragged into a specific seek point, all previous (earlier than the seek point) GPS points/spots should be displayed on the map and by clicking on a specific spot the video follows to that position.

As a proof-of-concept, the first demo is fine. However, the UI has some drawbacks that I've been trying to correct, to no effect:
    * We can draw individual spots on the map every time the play/pause is pressed. However, we haven't found a way to (a) draw lines between them, (b) auto-draw spots every X gps points
    * The spots are non-clickable, in the sense that if a spot is clicked on the map (Google Maps) the video seeks to that point in time.
    * If we drag the timeline at an earlier point in time, there is no relevant map redraw and/or removal of points further in time. For example, if the video is at 00:30 sec and we drag the timeline to 00:15 sec, all points drawn for the 30 sec interval remain on the map. This is due to the script's logic that implements a counter after every play/pause and draws the relevant spots. We could not find a way to pass the seek time to the gps.xml file and find the nearest point contained within and then draw it on the map.
    Some code that had been provided on Zippyshare is no longer available for download due to expiration.
    Can anyone help on the above or suggest am alternative solution for such a playout (GPS with Google Maps and Video)?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!