Video Controls in 1.19 pr2

• Hello everyone!

can someone point me to an example where I could see the way to implement video controls for 360/VR mods in 1.19?
    I have tried 1.18 xml "way" implementations but unfortunately the controls are popping up and then disappearing after the video is displayed.

Thanks.

• Hi Klaus,

I'm having a mobile implementation of your plugin for 360 and VR playback for offline and online view.
    The way how I'm trying to make the videointerface to show is as follow:
    - Inside webvr.xml I copied the '<action name="setup_video_controls">....</action>'
    - In the video.xml i'm icluding the videointerface.xml
    - In the webvr.xml's webvr_onavailable action I'm calling setup_video_controls(); videointerface_videoready();

The results is that the video control interface pops up, then hides (probably overlapping by the video), I'm also having an exit button, the Enter VR icon and a switcher for Gyro/Dragging and all these icons are also became double sized.

If you please can give me an advise where I'm failing the implementation.

• Hi,

the pano video can't overlap any elements - is there an image element with 'plugin:video' ?

Or do you mean when entering the VR mode - the enter vr script in the webvr.xml hides all layers that don't have a vr="true" attribute.

About double-sized - the webvr.xml is designed to work with stagescale=1.0 and adjusts the the stagescale setting for this, but the videointerface.xml is designed to work with stagescale=0.5 on mobiles and stagescale=1.0 on tablets and desktop.

Btw - the final 1.19 will include an updated and VR capable video skin of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

thanks for the comments!

I managed to fix the scale issue.

About the disappearing of the video control:

I attached the dynamically generate video.xml by the app and indeed there is <image><sphere url="plugin:video" /></image> but I guess this should not be removed.

This is a small video to illustrate the effect: link

As you can see it doesn't hides the controls, it's more like it would overlap..

Thank you!

• Hi,

Have you added keep="true" to all videointerface elements?

If not, either add that or maybe better just move the videointerface include into the <scene>.
    Note - layer and events elements without keep=true will be removed when loading a new pano/scene.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Dear Klaus

thank you for your help!!

It works now.

What I did is that I modified the start.xml <scene name="video_scene" onstart="plugin[video].play();videointerface_videoready();videointerface_setup_interface(); setup_video_controls();"><include url="%SWFPATH%/skin/videointerface.xml" />

Then since everything was working except the playback control I had to add manual the name of the Video Plugin inside the videointerface.xml's "videointerface_setup_interface"=>set(videointerface_video, 'Video');

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!